Hello there folks! I hope that each of you is continuing to
in your own
little corner of this world as we continue our battle with Covid-19. My region was in lockdown from March 19th Until just this week. Our numbers in Ontario have thankfully been starting to come down a little bit. While the stay at home order has been lifted, all the restrictions are still in place. In-class learning has been cancelled for the final weeks of the school year. For the sake of our vulnerable students everywhere, I really hope that by Sept. our schools at least can reopen. While staying positive can be difficult at times, I have to keep trying and hoping for even small changes.
- This card has been created 100% digitally and then layered in a Mock Up (courtesy of Frisk Shop). It will be printed out and assembled prior to dissemination.
- Honey Bees and Hive: You can find it in Pattie's Etsy shop by clicking on the image name. This image has been coloured digitally and paper pieced in one section. Credits include:
- The brads used on the front as accents are from my A Taste of Summer kit. The section can be purchased as part of the full kit. You can find it HERE.
- The divider across the middle was just made with a basic shape in Photoshop. I added a glitter layer style courtesy of Marisa Lerin, Pixel Scrapper. This same glitter style was also used on the matting.
- I isolated the bee images on their own from the Honey Bee and Hive image and saved them and then added two of them to the inside of the card. They look like they were made to go in those exact spots!
Digital Paper Products:
- I used an existing digital paper and then added a clipart image of a bee repeating it in the paper. I also used the same gold glitter style on the bee. The clipart image is available in the paper set. The items used for the paper (used as the background on the front and inside) is from the Serenity Bee Digital Paper Kit created by Digital Curio. I picked it up as a limited time freebie over on Creative Fabrica. If you are interested in checking out the set or purchasing it you can find it HERE.
Digital Embellishment Details:
- I have used basic shapes in Photoshop to create matting in behind the image (front) and sentiment (inside).
- I have applied shadow layer styles to give certain elements some depth. These styles were designed by Sheila Reid, Pixel Scrapper.
Challenges I am hoping to enter...
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- yourscrapbookplace.blogspot.com -- Always Anything Goes
- https://ttcrd.blogspot.ca/ -- Always Anything Goes
You have until July 1st to enter our challenge which should give you lots of time to get a creation done. Remember the theme is Things That Fly. I really hope that you will be able to join us. You can enter three times per challenge and of course MUST follow all the challenge requirements that are posted (please click HERE to become familiar with all the rules).
Pop over to the challenge blog and check out what my fabulous teammates have offered up for inspiration. Oh and don't forget… Pattie offers up a new freebie the first Friday of the month and it will remain up for approximately two weeks; so, be sure to pop over and check it out as well!
Well guys, that is it for this one. Keep washing those hands and stay healthy. Hopefully, I'll see you again soon.
Until next time,