~Warning: Picture Loaded.~
For some of us it is still the weekend, as we celebrate the Victoria Day long weekend here in Canada or as some of us affectionately refer to it is as the May long two four. This weekend also marks the the unofficial start to summer up here.
It is also time for this week's challenge over at the dynamite Digi Darla's Challenges Blog. This week for Challenge #63 the theme is "3D Projects". We want to see any type of 3 dimensional item added to your cards, whether it is an embellishment like a flower or a gemstone, some bows or even creating a 3D effect on the image itself. Add something so your card won't be flat and you should be all set. Or if you want, you could just create a 3D object. One of the team created a farm based centrepiece which is really cool.
Don't forget one person will be the lucky winner of FIVE Digi Darla (DD) images! AND any entries using a DD image get entered into a SECOND drawing for THREE images. So, you could technically win eight images! That is a lot of digital delight and there have been winners who have walked away with all eight images so it isn't just a pipe dream, it can happen. If you do use one of Kim's fabulous images make sure you let us know by writing DD after your name when you enter.
I've used the following digi in my project this week:
Here are the card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- My darling cousin Karen, if you are reading this then I suggest that you turn away now and come back in a couple months or it will ruin the surprise.
- Let's hope that Karen has heeded the warning.
- In fact, at this very moment, she is in my house, probably just getting up and ready for the day at the time this post is scheduled to come out. So I know that she won't see it today; however there is the chance she may peek at this post before her birthday which is still a couple months away and I hope the temptation isn't too much for her to peek. I really, really, hope she likes her card. I'm sending it back with her in her suitcase so that I don't have to worry about it getting crushed in the mail.
- What are the odds that that I'd be working and posting her card on the very same weekend that I meet her face to face. Things that make you say hmmmm.....
- Country Mailbox: This is another of those combo coloured images. The sky, fence post, letter, and mailbox were all coloured in digitally using patterns.
- The rest was coloured using Copic markers. Flowers: YR000, YR00, YR02, YR04, Y21,Y23. Birds: W1, W3, W5.
- I created duplicates and then fussy cut out the birds and created triplicates of the flowers in the mailbox and then fussycut three different layers to help give the picture depth. This was one way I added 3D elements to my card.
- Here is a closer look at the beautiful image...
Cricut Cartridge Used:
- Elegant Edges: The backdrop to the side was created using my Cricut cartridge, Elegant edges.
- Special Delivery: Is one I created.
- Lace and ribbon: Both from Dollarama. For the lace, I took a long strip and cut it in half and then wound it around the front panel.
- The three little blue gem stones are Craft brand also picked up at Dollarama.
- The lace bow and the gemstones were also ways I helped to raise up the card from strictly being flat. Here is a sideways view to give you an idea of the little bit of depth I've achieved.
Here is the inside...
Here is the inside...
- Birthday sentiment: This sentiment is available from San's Design. You can find it in the store HERE or by clicking on the watermark of the set below.
- Card base, shadow in behind image and sentiment, decorative pieces on the front: Crafts Brand Cardstock, browns -- purchased at Dollarama.
- Designer Paper: Paisley paper (front & inside)--K & C Company Designer Paper--Best of...florals collection.
Challenges I hope to enter include:
- 613 Avenue Create -- Anything Goes/Optional Twist Twist
- Word Art Wednesday -- Anything Goes
- Crafter's Digital Art Centre -- Anything Goes
- Forever Friends Challenge Blog -- Anything Goes
- The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop -- Lace
- Stampin' for the Weekend -- Diecuts
- Dream Valley Challenges -- Animals
So, why not come and show us what you've got by entering in our current challenge this week over at Digi Darla's Challenges? While you are there please check out the wonderful creations from the rest of the design team. We always look forward to seeing the delightful creations you come up with.
Thank you so much for stopping by. As I've now added to my comment section, whether you are a regular, here for the first time or popping over in your official capacity as a DT member, please know how much I appreciate the words that you leave behind. Your encouragement helps me to become a better designer. I try my best to reply to your comments (when an email address is available) but that is getting more and more difficult as my plate fills up with new responsibilities, new roles, and new obligations. If I don't get the opportunity to thank you personally, know that I don't take a single comment for granted. Thank you for your understanding.
Until next time,
Note: I apologize if there are any formatting issues with the above text. This is a scheduled post and we all know Blogger has a mind of it's own. If it turns out that something looks wonky, i.e.--part of the sentence is a different size, font, or colour than the rest, I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.