Saturday, September 27, 2014

Card Design: DS4J Progressive Christmas Card Challenge...September

http://digistamps4joy-sa.blogspot.ca/2014/01/monthly-christmas-challenge-january-2014.html
It is time to submit my card to this month's Progressive Christmas Challenge taking place over at DigiStamps4Joy.  One more card to add to the Christmas Card Pot to help me avoid the yearly Christmas Card Panic.  I did manage to get another holiday card done at the beginning of September so I at least achieved my goal this month.  
Christmas Card Count to date: 20
Here is the adorable DS4J image we get to use this month:
http://digistamps4joy.co.za/eshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=596
 ...and here is my card, I hope that I haven't forgotten any important details:

General Information:
  • I decided to make the image the focus of the card.  The shape was just perfect to take up the full height of the card. Woo, hoo!  Another clean and simple card completed!
FRONT
Digital Image Details: 
  • Two-wit twooo:  If you aren't part of the progressive challenge and would like to purchase it so that you can join in, click HERE or on the watermark above to find it in the DS4J store.
    • This image has been coloured in mostly with Copic Markers; although the tree was paper pieced using a paper from Marisa Lerin that I purchased over at Pixel Scrapper.  I also used glitter glue on the pompoms and hat edging.
Embellishments: 
  • The little pompoms are Crafts brand purchased at Dollarama.
INSIDEDigital Sentiment Details: 
  • One I created specifically for this card.
OVERALL
Paper Products: 
  • Card base and matting: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, Neutral Collection.
  • Image and sentiment base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
Digital Paper Products:
  • I took the same digital paper that I used for paper piecing and used it for the inside of my card.
Challenges I hope to enter...

If you are interested in joining the DS4J progressive Christmas card challenge you will need to contact Desíre (her details are at the bottom of the post).  I've linked the badge above to take you to that post. 

Well, one more card is finally done. Don't forget, I have a holiday card link up called the 12 Months of Christmas that you can jump in at any time and add your own holiday cards to. Click HERE for all the details. There are still a few days left to link up your two cards for September in order to get your free paper for the month. I'm rather behind in posting the winner list for August but I have a good reason and hope to tell you all about it (along with post the winners list) in a day or two.

As soon as I'm done here it is time to finish my final progressive challenge for the month so I'll see you very soon!

Until then,

2 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Lisa, this is just stunning. I just adore how you achieved the feathered look on the little owls and the amazing texture on the tree trunk. Awesome finishing on the inside too. Thank you for taking the time to use this month’s free Christmas image. You have automatically qualified to receive next month’s Christmas image for free, which will be emailed to you at the beginning of October.
Hugs
Desíre
{Digistamps4Joy Christmas Challenge Co-ordinator}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Hazel said...

So sweet and cute. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for September - hope to see you again soon x