Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A Time to Remember...

Good evening on this very special day.  I'm sorry I'm so late in posting.  I was hoping to get this done yesterday and posted early this morning but a trip to the dentist made it impossible.  Thankfully at least, it is still November 11th.

Exactly 96 years ago today, at 11:00 am, hostilities came to a close on the battlefields overseas, bringing an end to World War I.  Each of us living in Commonwealth countries around the world, should take a moment today to remember and honour those who have bravely fought in ALL wars to help keep the peace and keep us safe. 

In my own small way of bringing honour to this day, I have created a digital paper for anyone interested.

 

This digital paper is in 3600 x 3600 pixels, in jpg format and published at 300 ppi. To grab it, click the download button to be taken to a download location.  In the zip folder you will find a copy of the paper, its preview sheet, the credit information and my terms of use which are standard to all my folders.

MAY WE NEVER FORGET!

10 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, Lisa! Your paper is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you! And thank you also for your tribute to help us remember.

Crafting Vicky said...

gorgeous paper my friend!!! Thank you!!! Hope the trip to the dentist wasn't as bad as I'm thinking it would be...

ike said...

WoW - that's so AWESOME - thank you :-) xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kathy said...

Thanks so much for this, Lisa. Did you see the pictures of the poppies at the Tower of London? Incredible.

Kathy

Natasha said...

Thank you for such a lovely paper sweetie xnx

Maryann Laursen said...

Sooo beautiful. Thanks so much for the freebie Lisa, you are such a sweetie always.

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

I'm so glad that everyone liked the paper. I'm kind of partial to it myself! ;)

You are all most welcome. I appreciate you taking the time to say 'thank you'.

Kathy--since you're email address doesn't come through, I just wanted to say, thanks for the heads up. I hadn't seen the pictures of the ceramic poppies in front of the Tower of London. My goodness, what an incredible vision. Thanks so much for letting me know. It is certainly something I won't soon forget.

Regards,
Lisa D.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for this lovely paper...

Melinda Beltran said...

What a beautiful paper and well written tribute. Indeed may we never forget the sacrifices paid by so, so many. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me such a kind comment. It was so nice to have you visit. Please don't be a stranger. Much crafty love to you!
-Melin
My Blog: MyPaperCrafting.com

Donna Ellis said...

Lisa, how beautiful! You are always so caring and generous. Thank you for sharing remembrance day as well. Hope you are doing well. hugs, de