Saturday, August 01, 2015

Scribbles Designs Challenge #31 Midway Point...Birthday Bonanza


Happy Civic Day to all my fellow Canadians!!!  Hopefully most of my countrymen are getting to enjoy a long weekend!

Since it is the start of a new month that also means that it is time for the midway for the latest Scribbles Designs Challenge to get started. 

There are two whole weeks left for you to come on over and enter. In case you've missed it, the theme this time around for Challenge #31, is
Birthday Bonanza.  Time to break out the party hats and light up the candles on the birthday cake. Get ready to hang the streamers and blow up some balloons too. This challenge we are celebrating birthdays. Yours, mine, a family member's, a friends, or even an acquaintances. It doesn't matter who's birthday you are celebrating or how many candles are on the cake. Just show us a creation commemorating someone's birthday. Let the birthday bonanza begin!

Entering is super simple!  You do not need to use a Scribbles Designs image; however, if you do, your name gets entered into the draw twice.  You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE or you can also find one for a limited time on the challenge blog HEREAlso, be sure to check out our special Freebie Friday posts as it is another great way to build your Scribbles Designs collection.  You can find the rest of the rules and information regarding winners in the sidebar on the challenge blog.  You have until 9pm PST on August 14th to come over and play with us.

Here are my card and all the details... 
 
General Information:
 
  • Back in April I shared a free digi paper with frogs all over it and told you at that time that I had used it on the birthday card I made for my hubby.  Well, now it is time to show you that card.

FRONT
Digital Image Details:
  • Carl Gone Buggy & Carl's Pad Too:  As many of you know, I just adore Carl and since my husband is a lover of frogs, Carl makes his appearance on many of my hubs' cards.  This time around I've used Carl Gone Buggy and placed him on the lily pad from Carl's Pad Too.  I didn't want to use him just by himself so the lily pad served as a great backdrop.  Click on the names or the watermarks below to head to their respective locations in the store. 
  • Carl Gone Buggy has been coloured in with Copic Markers. The lily pad and flowers have been coloured in with a combination of Copic Markers and coloured pencils.

  • Both the sky/clouds and the water were created with patterns courtesy of Webtreats, Etc.
Embellishments:
  • The tags were fussy cut by hand and added to the card.


INSIDE
Digital Sentiment Details: 
  • Hoppy Birthday:  This is also one of Sandy's creations and it fit perfectly with the card.  I simply separated the two words so that I could insert "65th" in between them (I received permission to do this).

OVERALL 
Paper Products:

  • Card, image and Sentiment bases: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
  • Matting and tags are from Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
Digital Paper Products: 
  • A freebie I created in honour of my hubs' birthday.  You can find it by clicking HERE
Challenges I am hoping to enter... 
***Please note that if the word verification appears, ignore it and simply click the 'publish' button** 
http://scribblesdesignschallenge.blogspot.ca/
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. You have an entire month to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!

 Until next time,

1 comment:

Susan Sudbury said...

Oh, I love this little guy! What an absolutely delightful card! Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Fingers this time, and hope you stop by again soon!!