Hello and happy July 1st! If this is the first time you've visited me today, then hello and Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canadians. For those of you who've been reading along since my first post at midnight, welcome back! I've managed to get eight of the eleven posts (over five different blogs) done so far and by the time this one is finished I'll have nine of them completed. Then, just two more to go if humanely possible before midnight! Man, today is definitely a record! I've warned my hubby that he may just be scraping me off the floor by the time today is finished! ;)
Right now it is time for the midway for the latest Scribbles Designs Challenge to get started. I know I haven't been posting for the challenges during the last few months as I've been busy with other obligations over at SD, but I figured I wasn't busy enough today, so I thought I create a card for the midway as well. <<<note heavy sarcasm>>>
There are two whole weeks left for you to come on over and enter. In case you've missed it, the theme this time around for Challenge #42, is Sip & Savour! Will it be coffee or tea? Iced or regular? Did you want that in decaf or high octane? Whether one sips it or gulps it, the phenomenon is here to stay! As such you will find many different varieties of coffee and tea as staples in most households all over the world. Personally I don't see what the fuss is all about. I've never been a coffee or tea drinker myself but I know that there are people around me that can't live without the stuff! Given the popularity of these beverages, we thought that this challenge we would like to see projects designed around either coffee or tea. Maybe someone you know needs some encouragement to 'perk up' or maybe it is time to tell someone special just how 'tea-riffic' they are! Whether you choose coffee, tea or a little blend of both, we can't wait to see what you brew up!
Entering is super simple! You do not need to use a Scribbles Designs image; however, if you do, your name gets entered into the draw twice. You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE or you can also find one for a limited time on the challenge blog HERE. Also, be sure to check out our special Freebie Friday posts as it is another great way to build your Scribbles Designs collection. You can find the rest of the rules and information regarding winners in the sidebar on the challenge blog. You have until 9pm PST on July 14th to come over and play with us.
Here is my card and all the details...
- This card has been created 100% digitally and then layered in a Mock Up (courtesy of Frisk Shop). I will print it out and assemble it a later date.
Digital Image Details:
- #918 Tea Cup: Click on the name or watermark below to head to its location in the store.
- This image was coloured digitally. As you can see, I also made it into a paper which will hopefully be offered up one day in the future as a special 'Sip and Savour' set through Scribble Doodle Designs.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- You know me, I'm always up for a good pun and this sentiment was perfect for this card. It was created by Paulette from Create with TLC. For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for more awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store.
- The brads are from a new kit of mine coming out next week. You've seen a few goodies from the set in posts that have come out in the last two days but you'll need to wait to a special blog hop next week to see the rest!
Digital Sentiment Details:
- This sentiment was also created by Paulette from Create with TLC.
- The shapes used for matting in behind the image and sentiment are basic shapes created in Photoshop Elements.
- The shadows to give each element some depth were created with a layer style, are from Sheila Reid, also with Pixel Scrapper.
Digital Paper Products:
- As mentioned above this paper is one I created for Scribble Doodle Designs. Hopefully it will be offered up one day in the near future as a part of a set called 'Sip and Savour'. Two papers for the set are done, I just need to add four more!
***Please note that if the word verification appears, ignore it and simply click the 'publish' button**
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://inspirationdestinationchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ (UL)-- Always Anything Goes
- http://lilpatchofcraftyfriends.blogspot.com.au (3E) *handmade* -- Anything Goes
- http://yourscrapbookplace.blogspot.ca/ (2E) -- Always Anything Goes
- http://seizethebirthday.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes Birthday
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. You have two whole weeks left to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
So, stay tuned. I'm running out of day but I'm still hoping to be back with at least one of two planned posts--sharing a freebie in honour of Canada Day.