To those of you who celebrate, Happy Easter!
I realize that this year we are forced to celebrate Easter a little bit differently than most of us normally would and that for those of you with extended family and especially young grandchildren and/or young nieces and nephews, it may be especially difficult not seeing the little ones in person. My heart goes out to you if this is your situation. The great thing is that with all the technology available these days, reaching out to our loved ones is easier than ever. I hope that you have the opportunity to connect virtually or by phone with those you love during this special long weekend.
I have it on good authority from the Prime Minister of Canada that the Easter Bunny is considered an essential service and therefore will be allowed to cross borders and travel into each of the Canadian provinces. In fact, I heard a report from the Premier of Alberta and his team that they have extra supplies of personal protective equipment stored up in their warehouses that they will be sharing with the three worst hit provinces in our country. Additionally, they have also promised to send the Easter Bunny some equipment as well so that he can do his job safely. I hope that the Easter Bunny has received special dispensation to travel to your part of the world as well.
Hopefully EB will have the opportunity to bring most of you some sweet treats or
fragrant ones. My gift to you is this digital paper in honour of today…
Creative Fabrica Crafts and nicjulia (both via Creative Fabrica).
To grab it, click the download button to be taken to a download
location. In the zip folder you will find a copy of the paper, its
standard to all my folders.
Before I go, I wanted to share a link to a sweet video I watched earlier
in the week. Some adorable Meerkats take part in an Easter egg hunt in
the London Zoo while it is closed. You can find it HERE.
I hope you all have a wonderful day! I'll be spending the day with my own amazing hubby who continues to have to go out every day and work since his job is considered essential!
Until next time,
Sunday, April 12, 2020
Friday, April 03, 2020
Hello there folks! Before I share my card today, I just wanted to comment on the current crisis we are facing. Boy, how much has our world changed in the last couple of months! We are living in unprecedented times and many of us around the world have had to alter our day to day lives. As we struggle with loss of employment, loss of freedom and other potential losses, worries about medical care for illnesses not related to Covid-19, worries for our elder community, and worries for our family and friends, it is becoming increasingly difficult to stay positive. These are scary times that we are living in right now.
For anyone struggling at the moment, know that you are not alone. We are a giant community of caring crafters who can be there for each other. If you are stuck at home and have the supplies you need, it is the perfect time to design cards to encourage our family and friends. Additionally, we can create cards to thank our community at large--those essential workers who are unable to stay home and self-isolate. The people who are keeping our pharmacies, grocery stores, gas stations and other important businesses open to ensure we have the essentials during this time of crisis. The people who are keeping the power on, the water flowing and the garbage from piling up. Most importantly, the doctors, nurses and other people who are working to care for those who are ill. We are all in this together, and we'll come out the other end stronger for having come together to support each other during this difficult time.
Right now, it is time to announce the next challenge over at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge. This time around for Challenge #169, the theme is Birthdays. It is my hubby's 70th birthday in just a little over 2 & 1/2 weeks so this was the perfect time to make his card.
General Project Info:
- This card has been created 100% digitally and then layered in a Mock Up (courtesy of Frisk Shop). I will print it out and assemble it a later date.
Digital Image Details:
- 3 Balloons was offered up as a freebie over on the Pattie's Creations Challenge Blog. Be sure to check the blog each month to collect freebies. This image has been coloured digitally. Credits include:
- The banners are also from the same Happy Birthday set created by Daria Ustiugova.
- The gemstones are courtesy of Mollie Coonce.
- The numbers on the middle balloon are courtesy of Etc. by Danyale.
Digital Embellishment Details:
- The candles, gift boxes and paint splatters are also from the same Happy Birthday set created by Daria Ustiugova.
Digital Paper Products:
- The paper used for matting on the front and as the background on the inside was purchased as part of a bundle from Eldamar Studio (via Design Bundles).
Digital Sentiment Details:
- The sentiments used on both the front and inside were created by Paulette from Create with TLC. For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store.
Digital Embellishment Details:
- I have used basic shapes in Photoshop Elements to create matting in behind the image (front) and sentiment (inside).
- I have applied shadow layer styles to give certain elements some depth. These styles were designed by Sheila Reid, Pixel Scrapper.
Challenges I am hoping to enter...
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- yourscrapbookplace.blogspot.com -- Always Anything Goes
- https://ttcrd.blogspot.ca/ -- Always Anything Goes
You have until April 30th to enter our challenge which should give you lots of time to get a creation done. Remember the theme is Birthdays. I really hope that you will be able to join us. You can enter three times per challenge and of course MUST follow all the challenge requirements that are posted (please click HERE to become familiar with all the rules).
Pop over to the challenge blog and check out what my fabulous teammates have offered up for inspiration. Oh and don't forget…Pattie offers up a new freebie the first Friday of the month and it will remain up for approximately two weeks; so, be sure to pop over and check it out as well!
Well guys, that is it for this one. Keep washing those hands and stay healthy. Hopefully, I'll see you again soon.
Until next time,