Hello everyone! I hope that none of you has had the misfortune of catching the serious stomach flu bug that seems to be EVERYWHERE! My husband battled it for over a month and my body couldn't hold the germs back any longer. As such,my body finally succumbed to it. I haven't been this sick in close to 15 years. I was in bed close to two days straight and didn't eat for five. Even now I'm able to consume very little and as a result am extremely weak. It is bad enough that I was trying to catch up after my head cold from the week before but now...well, I'm not sure I'll ever catch up. My time is extremely limited on the computer and there is so much to do. All I can ask is for your patience if you are waiting to hear back from me.
Thankfully I had almost finished colouring my images for both FTHS and GSD progressive challenges beforehand so it was only a matter of putting the cards together and I am so grateful that I was able to as I'd hate to lose out on either of these amazing progressive challenges especially when FTHS just restarted.
Anyway, that is it for the update from me. Time to get on with showcasing my card for this month's challenge over at From the Heart Stamps (FTHS)! In order to enter the FTHS progressive challenge, you must either have received the latest image by having participated in the previous month or you can buy the stamp for the current month's challenge. Everyone who enters and follows the rules is a winner because you automatically get the stamp for the next month's challenge. Stop by the site and check out the rules for yourself. While you are there, have a look around. They have some really awesome images.
- I have a new program for image colouring that I'd love to gush about but it will have to wait until I'm feeling better. I will say that it was soooo much fun colouring my image in. I'm in love with this new application but enough on that for now.
- This card has been created 100% digitally and then layered in a Mock Up (courtesy of Frisk Shop). I will print it out and assemble it a later date.
- I was inspired by an old From the Heart Stamps sketch for this card.
Digital Image Details:
- The image on the front, Lucky Lil Birdie, is available for purchase over at From the Heart Stamps. Click on the title or on the watermark below to go to its location in the store.
- If you missed out, you can still play along with the challenge by purchasing the image. Then you can enter the challenge and receive next month’s digi free. Alternatively, if you spend $10 in the From The Heart Stamps store this month, you'll receive the image for free. To find the special code you need, be sure to check out the original post by clicking HERE.
- This image was coloured digitally:
- The background was 'air-brushed'.
- The remainder was mostly 'watercoloured', with a bit of 'pencil' work and some 'markers'.
- The are from two of my own kits.
- The tag under the sentiment was created using a template from Marisa Lerin, a designer with Pixel Scrapper.
- The button string is an element from Sheila Reid, also with Pixel Scrapper.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- The sentiment on the front and inside were created by Paulette from Create with TLC. For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store.
- The pretty clover paper is from The CoffeeShop Blog.
- I have used basic shapes in Photoshop Elements to create matting in behind the image and the sentiment.
- I have applied shadow layer styles to give certain elements some depth. These styles were designed by Sheila Reid, Pixel Scrapper.
Challenges I am entering:
- From the Heart Stamps -- progressive stamp of the month challenge
Other challenges I hope to enter...
***Please note that if the word verification appears, ignore it and simply click the 'publish' button***
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://stampartpapel.com/category/comunidad/ -- Anything Goes
- http://ttcrd.blogspot.ca/ (2E)-- Always Anything Goes
Well guys, that is it for this one. Time to get my Gerda card done so I'll see you all soon!
Until next time,