Friday, April 02, 2021

Card Design: Pattie's Creations Challenge #181…Birthdays

http://pattiescreationschallenge.blogspot.ca

Hello there folks! I hope that each of you is continuing to stay healthy in your own little corner of this world as we continue our battle with Covid-19. We've been in lockdown in my region for over two weeks again, and I'm just praying for the day that we get this virus under some sort of control! Like many of you, I miss being able to see my loved ones!

I'm popping in today to announce the next challenge over at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge. This time around for Challenge #181, the theme is Birthdays! This gave me the perfect opportunity to create my hubby's birthday card as he will be celebrating on the 22nd of this month.


General Project Info:
  • This card has been created 100% digitally and then layered in a Mock Up (courtesy of Frisk Shop). It will be printed out and assembled prior to dissemination.


FRONT

Digital Image Details:
  • 3 Balloons was offered up as a freebie over on the Pattie's Creations Challenge Blog. Be sure to check the blog each month to collect freebies. This image has been coloured digitally. Credits include:
    • The balloons were paper pieced with existing watercolour balloons available in the Happy Birthday set purchased from Daria Ustiugova (via Design Bundles). The colours were changed to suit the purposes of this card.
 
  Digital Embellishments:
  • The gemstones are courtesy of Mollie Coonce.
  • The pennant shape used behind the sentiment was designed by Marisa Lerin, Pixel Scrapper
  • The stitching around the pennant shape was created with a brush designed by Chris Spooner, Spoongraphics.
 
 
INSIDE  
 
Digital Image Details:
  • I have repeated Pattie's 3 Balloons image, lowering its opacity to allow it to serve as a watermark.

  
OVERALL
Digital Paper Products:
  • The paper used as the background on the front and inside is from my Bokeh Multicolour Set 1.

  • The blue accent piece with hearts used on the front is from my Heartland Mini Bundle. This mini kit can be purchased in the Scribbles Designs store. You can find it HERE.

  • The yellow paper used for matting in behind the image [on the front] and the sentiment [on the inside] is from my A Taste of Summer Kit.The individual paper sets or the full bundle can be purchased in the Scribbles Designs store as well. You can find it HERE.


Digital Sentiment Details: 
  • The sentiments used on both the front and inside were created by Paulette from Create with TLC. For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store.


Digital Embellishment Details:
  • I have used basic shapes in Photoshop to create matting in behind the image (front) and sentiment (inside).
  • I have applied shadow layer styles to give certain elements some depth. These styles were designed by Sheila Reid, Pixel Scrapper.


Challenges I am hoping to enter...

You have until May 6th to enter our challenge which should give you lots of time to get a creation done. Remember the theme is Birthdays. I really hope that you will be able to join us. You can enter three times per challenge and of course MUST follow all the challenge requirements that are posted (please click HERE to become familiar with all the rules).

Pop over to the challenge blog and check out what my fabulous teammates have offered up for inspiration. Oh and don't forget…Pattie offers up a new freebie the first Friday of the month and it will remain up for approximately two weeks; so, be sure to pop over and check it out as well!

Well guys, that is it for this one. Keep washing those hands and stay healthy. Hopefully, I'll see you again soon.

Until next time,
 
 PS: Once again I have to apologize to those waiting on the papers from the 12 Days of Christmas. I've been rather stressed due to things going on in my personal life, along with recently battling an infection that set me seriously behind. I will get to it as soon as I can find the time. Your continued patience is appreciated.

2 comments:

Pattie G said...

Lisa,
This is so nice! I love all of your creations and thanks for being on our Design Team at Pattie's Creations.
Hugs
Pattie

Donna said...

Love that background Lisa. Such pretty colors. Of course your birthday balloons match perfectly. Cute card. Hope all is well. Happy Easter!