Saturday, January 19, 2013

Saturday Showcase: January 19, 2013

Another Saturday is upon us.  It is that time of week where I showcase other artists' work (whether it be stamps, cards or otherwise), a blog post offering a great technique, or I might even just pick a whole blog to showcase. If you are new to my blog you can find out why I created the showcase HERE.





My top picks for this week include... 

Card Choice
This adorable card was designed by
  PATSY
Her blog is called

Not only do I really like this card, I love where the story of it's creation led.  This was Patsy's first card of the new year and the first chance she had to use her Spectrum Noir markers that she received as a gift.  Lucky girl!  I came across this card in her January 1st post, "First Card of the New Year".  I'm really drawn to the layout of this card and hope to use it soon.  The absolutely adorable image that she chose is just so perfect for the Valentine's Day theme.  A week later she posted that she had made Top 3 with this card over at Artistic InspirationsThis is part of what she had to say in that post (click HERE to read more from that post):
Can you see me smiling? I have been smiling ever since I read my name as a Top 3 (which I read about 4 or 5 times just to make sure I was reading right)!! I am just simply amazed...I'm so excited!! You would have thought I had won the challenge with the way I am right now!!
I know I am not supposed to covet anything (sorry God) but in my heart of hearts, I so wish for the day when I make a top three or top five.  Heck I'd even be thrilled to make a top ten!  As I told Patsy in the comment I left congratulating her, anyone can win through a random generator but to have your card singled out and chosen to be part of the top tier?  Well, to me that is the cherry on top of the sundae.  Sure, there might not be a prize associated with top three but the sense of pride and accomplishment is such an enormous reward all in its own.  The card that Patsy won with is my favourite of all the cards that I've seen of hers.  Patsy has every reason to be proud of her accomplishments.  She is one talented lady.  Please help to encourage Patsy in her confidence by paying her blog a visit and leaving her a little love (clicking on the blog name will take you straight to her blog).   She has also just become a mommy to a new little furbaby named Mr. Charles, so congratulate her while you are there.  I'm still waiting for pictures Patsy!!!!!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Free Digital Paper Artist Choice
This great digi paper was designed by
   TRINE SECHER
Her blog is called

Oh this is such an awesome site!  As the title suggests, Trine offers nothing but freebies on this particular blog.  I need many, many, many more hours to go through and download all the wonderful goodies that Trine offers for free.  From papers to embellishments, from overlays to templates, from ribbons to alphabets and so many designs between, there is just SO MUCH to choose from.  I could literally spend hours on this site downloading items.  I could highlight one or two of Trine's freebies every single Saturday and I'd never run out of things to showcase here.  So expect her to be in this spot often.  This particular freebie that I'm bringing to your attention today is a paper called 'Snowflake Damask' from one of her kits.  Actually it is part of Trine's 2012 Advent calendar.  I found it under the post, "Another Day Late...".  However you can also get it by clicking on the tree at the top of her sidebar which allows you to pick up all the Advent elements in one download.   As soon as I saw this paper a) I knew I wanted it; and b) I knew I had to showcase it.  I absolutely love the grunge effect.  The background coordinates so well with the snowflake edging and I absolutely adore the colours she has chosen.  This paper is just so cool!  Get it...cool... hee, hee!  Sorry, it's been a long day.  So please go and check out Trine's blog.  If you don't, you'll be missing out on so much (clicking on the blog name will take you straight to her blog).
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 Finally, that brings me to the...

This is a special category highlighting 
 a stamp for sale by another artist.
This week that honour goes to... 
SANDY SOMMERFELD 
Her store is called



 Her blog is called Scribbles By Sandy

Her brand new challenge blog is called




Okay, it may seem that I'm being a little self serving in my choice of digi 'stamp of approval' this week since I'm now on Sandy's design team.  However, I am not sucking up to the boss.  Really, I'm not!  I just fell in love with these digi images when going through Sandy's store a couple of weeks ago.  The idea is just so clever, I had to share it here with all of you.  We so often use the expression, "they're like two peas in a pod".  Well, Sandy put pen to paper, or pen to tablet as the case may be, and came up with these brilliant designs.  She also has a set of twins with a boy and a girl and has a single boy and a single girl in the pea pod baby collection.  They are just so darn darling!  I'm all about twins these days as my first cousin Blair has a set of two year old boys who are fraternal twins.  They are the absolute most beautiful boys in the whole wide world and no I'm not being at all biased.  Even though the boys are no longer babies, I plan on using this adorable digi on a card for them.  I'm not sure when or for what occasion but that is what file folders are for.  Please go and check out all the new designs Sandy has for sale and don't forget she has some freebies on her blog under the freebies tab.  Also, I hope that you will all join us in the first Scribbles Designs Challenge going on until February 14th.  We'd love to see you there (see there's no self serving going on here, none at all).
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, one more Showcase is under my belt.  Well, it would be if I wore a belt. Thanks to all these wonderful artists for agreeing to allow me to showcase their work on my blog.  I'm sure I'll be coming back to them time and again.  Though you never know, I may be contacting YOU next to showcase something incredible you've created.

Until next time,

Note:  
*Thanks to Nikki from Limited Runs Stamps for creating my Saturday Showcase badge.

8 comments:

ike said...

YaY - I love Sandy's twins digi :-) Thanks for the link to Freebie papers .... LUV it :-) and I have visited Patsy and left some luuuurve :-) I agree that it is a great buzz to be chosen as a Top 3 .. much better than Mr Random Thingy !!!
Have a great Saturday xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Crafting Vicky said...

Another fabulous showcase. And yes Sandy is very talented and deserves to be showcased! Totally love those peas in a pod ;)

Sandy S said...

LOL - thanks for the Saturday Shout Out! You're too funny! And I know you'll get the Top Prize and Top 3 soon! I love your work!

Sandy S
(Scribbles Designs)

Suze said...

I used a wonderful freebie paper this week and entered a couple of cards using it into challenges. I have had positive comments on that paper - it is fantastic. Deserves to be in the Saturday Spotlight too - except I presume you don't want to "blow your own trumpet" so I'll do it for you. I so Love that paper. I'm off now to check out Trine's blog as I don't think I've visited it before.

Jennifer said...

I just love your showcase Lisa! I love all the details you've shared about each one! Love this image set by Sandy!

Jennifer said...

I love your showcase! Wonderful details you've shared about each one! This is one of my favourite of Sandy's images!

Cely said...

woohoo sandy!!! loved the showcase, lisa!

Smookiedo Crafts said...

I know this is late but thank you Lisa for putting me in your "Showcase". I have to say this card that I done was so much fun to color and put together! Everytime I look at it I can't help but smile!! You are such an inspiration to me and I am sure you are an inspiration to your followers and anyone that visits your blog. Once again...thank you!!!