Friday, August 15, 2014

Card Design: Scribbles Designs Challenge #20--Animal Planet

It is time for the next challenge over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog.

This month for Challenge #20, the theme is
Animal Planet.  
Rabbits, cats and foxes, oh my! Our world wouldn't be the same without all the wonderful species of animals in it and many of our lives wouldn't be the same without our pets keeping us company. This month we want to see an animal on your creation. Whether wild or domestic it doesn't matter; as long as it has fur, feathers, or fins, it qualifies. So, take a walk on the wild side and show us what you've got.


In order to participate in our challenges you DO NOT NEED TO USE A SCRIBBLES DESIGNS IMAGE on your project but you must follow the monthly theme and the other rules that have been established for our particular challenge blog.  You can find them, along with the prize information, listed in the right hand sidebar of the challenge blog.  This challenge will end at 9pm PST on September 14th.
 
You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE and there is a free image over on the challenge blog as well to help get you started.  Also, be sure to check out Sam's special Freebie Friday posts as it is another great way to build your Scribbles Designs collection.
 
To help inspire you, I've created a thank you card using one of Sandy's adorable Mr. Wool images.  Here are my card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything important...
 

General Information: 

  • Okay, so on hindsight, maaaayyyyybbbbeeee the image could have been a bit bigger.  It is always a tricky thing measuring them out on the computer hoping that they'll fit the spacing properly.  When I did my mock up, the sizing looked fine but when it was printed, it seemed a tad small.  Oh well, hopefully it still looks okay.
  • In my effort to use more clean and simple layouts, I decided to use a sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches.  Melissa designs some fabulous ones and I really liked the CAS look to this one.  Clicking on the sketch will bring you to the blog.
http://tuesdaymorningsketches.blogspot.co.uk/

FRONT
Digital Image Details: 
  • Mr. Wool Daisy (close-up):  I truly love Mr. Wool.  He is just so cute and cuddly and I want to wrap my arms around him and snuggle.  He is quite the character as well.  You never know the antics, he and his buddies are going to get up to.  I thought this close up of him would be great for this layout.  Clicking on the watermark below will take you to its location within the store.
    • Mr Wool was coloured with Copic markers.  Mr Wool: N0, C1, C3.  Flower:  R24, R27, Y11.  Sky: BG10 and colourless blender.
http://buyscribblesdesigns.blogspot.se/2013/03/709-mr-wool-daisy-close-up-200.html
  • Fancy Butterfly:  I managed to sneak a cute little butterfly from MelJen's Designs onto my project.  I really love Melissa's work and try to add her images to my projects whenever I can. Clicking on the watermark below will take you to its location within the store.
    • This image was also coloured with Copics: R22, R24, R27, Y11. Y13.
http://meljensdesigns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_5&products_id=338
Embellishments: 
  • The little fabric flowers are 'Forever in Time' brand, purchased at the Dollar Tree.

INSIDE
Digital Sentiment Details:
  • This great sentiment was created by Paulette from Create with TLC.  Click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and HERE to go to the store.

OVERALL
Paper Products:
  • Card, image and sentiment base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
  • Designer Paper:  Funky paper (front & inside)--K & C Company Designer Paper--Best of...florals collection. 
  • Green cardstock used for matting is from Recollection's Cardstock, Soda Pop collection.
 Challenges I am hoping to enter... 

So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. You have an entire month to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!  

Until next time,



6 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is so fun Lisa. Love the little butterfly and the cute little critter. The design paper is really lush and fresh and springy.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Crafting Vicky said...

soooo cute! Totally love how you have done the combination of the images! Great job! Fabulous DP

Karon said...

Wonderful card, love the butterfly and the fun Mr Wool :-)

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Lisa! I love your "Mr. Woo Daisy" card! HOW CUTE! As I scrolled down your blog, I could not help but smile, and then flat out giggle when your card popped up. Darling and cheerful! Wonderful colors and lots of movement between the backgrounds and butterfly! hugs, de

Edwina said...

Hi Lisa, I just love your card. It is so adorable! I think the images are just right in size for your card. That is a great sketch to use. Love the butterfly a lot. It is so pretty. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Deepti said...

Fabulous pattern and fun design, great card :)