Sunday, February 15, 2015

Card Design: Scribbles Designs Challenge #26--Clean & Simple

http://scribblesdesignschallenge.blogspot.ca/
 It is time for our new challenge over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog.

This time around, for Challenge #26, the theme is Clean & Simple There are many different kinds of card making styles and clean and simple is one of them.  However, not everyone sees clean and simple the same way.  For some it might mean an uncluttered design with lots of white space, for others it might be a very simple layout but with a few embellishments here and there.  For the purposes of our challenge this month, we'd like to see a very simple layout with either a minimum of embellishments or none at all, allowing the focus of your creation to be a well coloured image.  Bring on the white space and show us what you've got.

In order to participate in our challenges you DO NOT NEED TO USE A SCRIBBLES DESIGNS IMAGE on your project but you must follow the monthly theme and the other rules that have been established for our particular challenge blog.  You can find them, along with the prize information, listed in the right hand sidebar of the challenge blog.  This challenge will end at 9pm PST on March 14th.
 
You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE and there is a free image over on the challenge blog as well to help get you started.  Also, be sure to check out the special Freebie Friday posts as it is another great way to build your Scribbles Designs collection.
 
To help inspire you, I have created a simple, love you card.  I've decided that I want to be giving the hubs more cards this year, just because, and this month's challenge provided me with a great opportunity to get started.  So, on cue...



HUBS



BACK AWAY



FROM THE



COMPUTER!


Here are my card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything important...

FRONT
Digital Image Details: 
  • Hand Cut Heart:  This cool and funky heart shape is one of the freebies currently available on the blog.  Click on the name, to head to its location in the store.
  • I paper pieced this image with the four papers available in my Heartland Mini Kit which is now available for sale over in the Scribbles Designs Store.  Thanks so much to Sandy for allowing me this opportunity to start selling my kits!  Click on the watermark below to find it in the Scribbles Designs Store.
http://buyscribblesdesigns.blogspot.com/2015/02/ddd-heartland-mini-kit.html
    • You can purchase the set of 4 papers for $1.50 or the whole set for just $1.00 more!
http://buyscribblesdesigns.blogspot.com/2015/02/ddd-heartland-mini-kit.html

Digital Sentiment Details: 
  • This wonderful sentiment was perfect for this card is of course from Create with TLC. I picked it up a while back as a freebie.  For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store.  While I couldn't find this exact one in the store, I did find the same saying in another great layout.  Click on the watermark below to find this particular one in the store.
Through Thick and Thin

INSIDE
Digital Sentiment Details:
  • #B 12 Flutter Heart Border:  This wonderful image and sentiment combined is also available in the Scribbles Designs store.   Click on the name or watermark below, to head to its location in the store.

OVERALL
Paper Products:  
  • Card, image and sentiment base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
Digital Paper Products: 
  • The background was created in Photoshop Elements.  I just found a basic layer style that had all the colours found within my hearts and applied it to my layer.  
 Challenges I am hoping to enter... 
***Please note that if the word verification appears, ignore it and simply click the 'publish' button**
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. You have an entire month to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!   

Until next time,

14 comments:

Samantha A. said...

How cute! I love the colors you used. So glad to be on Pattie's DT with you. I'm also your newest follower!
Hugs,
Samantha xx
Designs by Sammy

Edwina said...

Lisa, Your card is so pretty. I love the wreath of hearts you created with the digi. I am sure your hubby will love it. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Deena Perreault said...

Very sweet! I'm so glad you shared this with us at A Creative Need!

Kellie 0:) said...

Beautiful. TFS with us and joining us at Jo's for Funday Friday

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa!
Love you card is beautiful! So cute! All the details are adorable!
Thanks for join us at Docerela Creations :D
Kissies :)
DT Member Sara

Crafting with Darcy said...

What a wonderful card for your hubby!! I love the simple design yet it makes such a statement. The inside is great, too! I will have to check out your challenge!
Thanks for presenting your beautiful card in our challenge at Through the Craft Room Door! Hope to see you next time, too!!
Hugs
Darcy

Drea Slee said...

Awesome design!! I love the different colored hearts! Great sentiment too! Thanks again for joining us @ Red Rubber Inspirationals!
Drea DT Host Inspirational #207

Margot-craftcorner said...

Very beautiful :) thank you for playing along with us at Scrap & Craft :)

applejack cards by sue said...

I love the simplicity of your card, those hearts are so pretty. Thank you for entering the challenge over at Crafting from the Heart but I cannot see a link to our blog. Sue DT

Anonymous said...

Adorable Valentine !Thanks for joining us at Chocolate Coffee and cards for our "Love is in the Air " Challenge - DT - Crystal

Crafting Vicky said...

That's a fabulous card for your hubby!!! Love how you have warned him to back away from the computer lol :)

Thanks for joining us at Meljen’s challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky.

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Sorry Sue, I have no idea how I didn't have the link. So strange. It is there now.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Love how you use color so effectively with your design! Thank you for joining the challenge at the Red Rubber Inspirational blog this week! Lynda - DT Champion Red Rubber Designs

Susana said...

So many colors!!!!
So funny romantic card!
I love it.
Thanks for joining us over at Docerela Creations!
DT Member Susana Caetano