Happy November 1st!!! I truly cannot believe that there are only two months left in this year. My goodness. I blinked and eleven months went by! Since it is the start of a new month that also means that it is time for the midway for the latest Scribbles Designs Challenge to get started.
There are two whole weeks left for you to come on over and enter. In case you've missed it, the theme this time around for Challenge #34, is Fancy Folds or Shaped Card! From Accordion and Gatefold Cards to Sidestep and Z-Fold Cards, there are so many different types of fancy folds or shaped cards to choose from. Most of us get into the rut of sticking with traditional square and rectangular cards. While these standard shaped cards serve their purpose, it is time to challenge ourselves and try something a bit different. This month we want to see you practicing different card folding techniques or at least presenting us a card with a different shape, such as a circle, bottle, cake, or baby onsie shaped card for example. It doesn't matter what kind of fancy fold or shaped card you present. As long as it is NOT square or rectangle, it will qualify for this month's draw. So, what will it be? Double Tent, Easel or PoP UP? Or maybe you'll go with Candle shaped, Scallop edged, or Christmas ornament shaped? This month thinking outside of the box, may actually be a box! We can't wait to see what you come up with!
Entering is super simple! You do not need to use a Scribbles Designs image; however, if you do, your name gets entered into the draw twice. You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE or you can also find one for a limited time on the challenge blog HERE. Also, be sure to check out our special Freebie Friday posts as it is another great way to build your Scribbles Designs collection. You can find the rest of the rules and information regarding winners in the sidebar on the challenge blog. You have until 9pm PST on November 14th to come over and play with us.
Here is my card and all the details...
- I love this party hat from Scribbles Designs. I've used it on a variety of occasions now: as part of cards, as part of a digital button when we did the surprise blog hop for Sandy's bday a few years back and have also added it to another image to give the character a party feel. It is a fab image with a variety of uses!
- I coloured the image in digitally and then created a template so that the hat would serve as my card. I created the 'pom pom' separately and added it after the card was folded.
Digital Image Details:
- Birthday Hat: I love this hat. It is 1/2 of the Birthday Cake & Hat set. Click on either watermark below to head to their location in the store.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- This great sentiment was created by Paulette from Create with TLC. I picked it up as a freebie a while ago. For more great freebies, click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and to purchase some wonderful sets, click HERE to go to the store.
- Card and sentiment base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- Matting is from Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
Challenges I am hoping to enter...
***Please note that if the word verification appears, ignore it and simply click the 'publish' button**
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://inspirationdestinationchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ (UL)-- Always Anything Goes
- http://lilpatchofcraftyfriends.blogspot.com.au (3E) *handmade* -- Anything Goes
- http://seizethebirthday.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes Birthday
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. You have two whole weeks left to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Until next time,
Until next time,