Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Card Design: From the Heart Stamps June Challenge

http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/blog/

Hello everyone!  I'm popping in today to post for the From the Heart Stamps (FTHS) progressive stamp of the month challenge and man was it close this time!  We lost our Internet on Tuesday night for a couple hours and the people at the company said our modem was registering as off line and that someone would have to come to the house and fix it -- Thursday--which is the last day of the challenge.  I hadn't even had the time to download the image (nor my image for Gerda) from my email account.  ACK!!!!  I tell you, boy was I in a panic.  Then miraculously, a couple hours later it was back.  I'm praying AND keeping my fingers crossed it will stay that way because the next two days are going to be so jam packed it will be a wonder if I make it out intact and still sane!  Anyway that is enough about me!  Time to get on with the reason for my post...
 
In order to enter the FTHS progressive challenge, you must either have received the latest image by having participated in the previous month or you can buy the stamp for the current month's challenge.  Everyone who enters and follows the rules is a winner because you automatically get the stamp for the next month's challenge.  Stop by the site and check out the rules for yourself.  While you are there, have a look around.  They have some really awesome images. 


General Info: 
  • This card has been created 100% digitally and then layered in a Mock Up (courtesy of Frisk Shop).  I will print it out and assemble it a later date.


FRONT

Digital Image Details:
  • The image on the front, Ice Cream Lineup, is available for purchase over at From the Heart Stamps. Click on the title or on the watermark below to go to its location in the store. 
  • If you missed out, you can still play along with the challenge by purchasing the image. Then you can enter the challenge and receive next month’s digi free. Alternatively, if you spend $10 in the From The Heart Stamps store this month, you'll receive the image for free.  To find the special code you need, be sure to check out the original post by clicking HERE.  
  • This image was coloured digitally. Credits include:

FtHS_Ice Cream Lineup Preview

Digital Embellishments:
  • The brads are from the same new digi kit mentioned above (details below).

Digital Sentiment Details:
  • One I created.  It has been altered with a layer style from Heather Green, HG Designs.


INSIDE

Digital Sentiment Details: 
  • The sentiment was created by Paulette from Create with TLC.  For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store.

OVERALL 
Digital Paper Products: 
  • I have used a digital patterned paper for the background of the front and inside, and then a textured paper and a glitter paper for accents on the front. These papers, including the brads I used, are from the latest kit I have created which is going to be released next week during a special blog hop!  Sorry no peeksies as to what else is in the set until then.

Digital Embellishments: 
  • I have used basic shapes created in Photoshop Elements for matting in behind the image on the front and sentiment on the inside.
  • I have applied shadow layer styles to give certain elements some depth.  These styles were designed by Sheila Reid, Pixel Scrapper.

Challenges I am entering:
 

Other challenges I hope to enter...

 ***Please note that if the word verification appears, ignore it and simply click the 'publish' button***


Well guys, that is it for this one. I hope to finish my Gerda progressive challenge card tonight and get it posted before heading to bed.  Wish me luck! 

Until then,

2 comments:

Jo said...

Oh wow! what a tasty looking card :) and the paper choice is perfect for this image.
Thank you for joining in with us at FTHS
Jo xx

Tlc Creations said...

Very "Sweet" card. Love it.
Paulette