Happy September 1st!!! Wow, I can't believe we're heading into the final quarter of the year already. Seriously, where does the time go??!!
Since it is the start of a new month that also means that it is time for the midway for the latest Scribbles Designs Challenge to get started. However, before I get into the details, I wanted to let you know that Scribbles Designs is currently having a DT Call. If you enjoy working with fun and quirky images and fun and quirky people for that matter, you should consider applying. You can find out all the details you need by clicking HERE.
Back to the challenge deets...
There are two whole weeks left for you to come on over and enter. In case you've missed it, the theme this time around for Challenge #32, is Boys Will Be Boys. It is time to celebrate the men in our lives. Fathers, husbands, brothers, uncles, nephews and friends. Many of us have a plethora of men to choose from. For others there may just be a few. This month create a card for one of the special men in your own life. Many of us seem to shy away from making these more masculine projects; so, it is time to challenge ourselves and break out our images, papers and embellishments and make something manly. Boy oh boy, we can't wait to see what you come up with!
Entering is super simple! You do not need to use a Scribbles Designs image; however, if you do, your name gets entered into the draw twice. You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE or you can also find one for a limited time on the challenge blog HERE. Also, be sure to check out our special Freebie Friday posts as it is another great way to build your Scribbles Designs collection. You can find the rest of the rules and information regarding winners in the sidebar on the challenge blog. You have until 9pm PST on September 14th to come over and play with us.
Here are my card and all the details...
- Sandy's husband Boyd took a serious fall while hiking. I created this card to hopefully cheer him up. Unfortunately I haven't had the time to print it out and assemble it yet but definitely will later in the week. As such this card is currently 100% digitally and then layered in a poster mockup.
- I have used an old sketch from From the Heart Stamps.
Digital Image Details:
- Dog Bone: I just love this sweet puppy image. Click on the name or the watermark below to head to its location in the store.
- The image has been coloured completely digitally in Photoshop Elements 12. Credits include:
- sky pattern: courtesy Webtreats Inc.
- grass is created using a default brush.
- The dog's fur is paper pieced with a texture from TextureMate.
- remaining elements were coloured and shaded using the paintbrush feature.
- Then pennant shapes were created with a digital template from Marisa Lerin, Pixel Scrapper and paper pieced with papers from the Puppy Powers set (details below).
Digital Sentiment Details:
- This great sentiment was created by Paulette from Create with TLC. I picked it up as a freebie a while back. For more great freebies, click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and to purchase some wonderful sets, click HERE to go to the store.
- The shapes used for matting in behind the image and sentiment are simple shapes created in Photoshop Elements.
- The shadows to give each element some depth were created with a layer style, from Sheila Reid.
Digital Paper Products:
- I have used one of the patterned papers and two of the textured papers available in the Scribble Doodle Designs Puppy Powers set. You can get them as part of the full set (including six patterned and six textured papers) or simply in the patterned papers set or textured set. Clicking on either watermarks below will take you to the page they are available on in the Scribbles Designs store.
- The poster mockup that I used to display the card is from Design Bolts
***Please note that if the word verification appears, ignore it and simply click the 'publish' button**
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://inspirationdestinationchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Always Anything Goes
- http://www.craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.ca/ (3E) -- Always Anything Goes
- http://ttcrd.blogspot.ca/ (2E) -- Always Anything Goes (2nd entry)
- Avenue 613 -- Anything Goes with optional twist
- http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://kraftinkimmiestamps.blogspot.ca/ -- Wonderful Wednesdays: Anything Goes
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. You have an entire month to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Until next time,
Until next time,