Hello and a very happy Sunday to all of you. Today marks the start of our new challenge over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog.
This time around, for Challenge #35, the theme is Christmas: Non Traditional Colours! While Christmas is knows for its bright reds, brilliant greens and sparkling golds and silvers, there are many other wonderful colours that can represent Christmas just as beautifully. This month we'd like to see a Christmas themed creation using non traditional colours. It is time to bring out the blues, pinks, purples or other non-traditional colour palettes and give your Christmas project a different kind of hue.
Apparently the weather up here has decided to get in the mood for this challenge. IT SNOWED! Way too soon as far as I'm concerned. I'd like it to wait until Dec. 23rd then snow like crazy for two days then stop. Period. Though, something tells me I am not going to get my wish. Anyway...
In order to participate in our challenges you DO NOT NEED TO USE A SCRIBBLES DESIGNS IMAGE on your project but you must follow the monthly theme and the other rules that have been established for our particular challenge blog. You can find them, along with the prize information, listed in the right hand sidebar of the challenge blog. This challenge will end at 9pm PST on December 15th.
You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE and there is a free image over on the challenge blog as well to help get you started. Also, be sure to check out the special Freebie Friday posts as it is another great way to build your Scribbles Designs collection.
To help inspire you, I have created a Christmas card using one of Sandy's fabulous freebies!.
Here are my card and all the details...
- This card was created mostly digitally and then printed, coloured and assembled.
- I decided to use salmony pinks and torquoisey blues for my non traditional colour palette.
Digital Image Details:
- #F 55 Ornaments (Free): Sandy has so many wonderful freebies available. Using a SD image on your card increases your odds of winning so how about finding one and joining us this month! Since I have used a free image there is no watermark available so simply click on the name to find this image in the SD store.
- The image was coloured in with Copic markers and grounded with coloured pencils.
- I used some Crafts brand half pearls purchased at Dollarama.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- This awesome sentiment was created by Paulette from Create with TLC. I coloured it digitally using a colour from the image. You can purchase it in the "Tis the Season 2" Vintage Image Transfer and Word Art Set. I've linked the watermark below to go to its location in the store. For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for more awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's cardstock, white.
Digital Paper Products:
- The ornament digital paper is from my Bauble Bonanza mini Patterned Papers set.
Digital Embellishment Details:
- The shape used for matting in behind the image and sentiment were created with a template from Marisa Lerin, Pixel Scrapper.
- The background, matting and shadows to give each element some depth were created with layer styles from Sheila Reid, also with Pixel Scrapper.
Challenges I am hoping to enter...
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://lilpatchofcraftyfriends.blogspot.com.au (3E) *handmade* -- Anything Goes
- http://whimsyinspires.blogspot.ca/ (3E) -- Fall Colours or Christmas (3rd entry)
- http://stampartpapel.com/category/comunidad/ -- Anything Goes
- http://sparklesforumchristmaschallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Christmas Decorations
- http://christmascardchallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Photo Inspiration or Anything Goes: Christmas
- http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes: Christmas
- http://christmasstampin.blogspot.ca/ (1E) -- Anything Goes
- http://thegloryofchristmaschallenge.blogspot.de/ (max 10) -- Clean and Simple or Anything Goes: Christmas
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. You have an entire month to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Until next time,
Until next time,