Hello and happy August 1st! Happy Civic Day to many of my fellow Canadians as well!
Right now it is time for the midway for the latest Scribbles Designs Challenge to get started. While I normally don't have the time to create regularly for the challenge anymore, I did have a fun idea I wanted to share this month.
There are two whole weeks left for you to come on over and enter. In case you've missed it, the theme this time around for Challenge #43, is How Does Your Garden Grow? Summer is upon us and most gardens should be in full bloom by now. Flower beds are overflowing, trees are providing much needed canopies from the sun and the veggies have started their journey's from seedlings to sprouts. While all this growth is taking place, we thought that this challenge would be a great opportunity to make a project based on the garden. You can use flowers, trees, veggies, etc., or even the tools of the trade or an image of a gardener him or herself--basically anything related to a veggie garden or a flower bed. How does your garden grow? We can't wait to see how your creation blooms.
Entering is super simple! You do not need to use a Scribbles Designs image; however, if you do, your name gets entered into the draw twice. You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE or you can also find one for a limited time on the challenge blog HERE. Also, be sure to check out our special Freebie Friday posts as it is another great way to build your Scribbles Designs collection. You can find the rest of the rules and information regarding winners in the sidebar on the challenge blog. You have until 9pm PST on August 14th to come over and play with us.
Here is my card and all the details...
- This card has been created 100% digitally and then layered in a Mock Up (courtesy of Frisk Shop). I will print it out and assemble it a later date.
FRONTDigital Image and Digital Paper Details:
- #F 25 Carrot (Free): Click on the name to head to its location in the store.
- This image was coloured digitally and textured using a resource from The CoffeeShop Blog. As you can see, I also made it into a paper which was offered up recently as a freebie as well. You can find a coloured version of the image along with the paper by clicking HERE.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- As always, I LOVE a good pun and created this fun sentiment specifically for this card.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- Pair it up with a great sentiment created by Paulette from Create with TLC, and you have a fun, inspirational card. For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for more awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store.
- The shapes used for matting in behind the image and sentiment are basic shapes created in Photoshop Elements.
- The shadows to give each element some depth were created with a layer style, are from Sheila Reid, also with Pixel Scrapper.
Digital Paper Products:
- As mentioned above this paper is one I created for Scribble Doodle Designs that was offered up as a freebie earlier this year. Click HERE to find it.
***Please note that if the word verification appears, ignore it and simply click the 'publish' button**
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://inspirationdestinationchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ (UL)-- Always Anything Goes
- http://yourscrapbookplace.blogspot.ca/ (2E) -- Always Anything Goes
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. You have two whole weeks left to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Have a great week everyone!
Until next time,