Hello and a very happy Monday to you all. Today marks the start of the newest challenge over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog.
This time around, for Challenge #44, the theme is Mason Jars! Whether you are wishing someone a happy birthday, saying thanking you or simply saying hello, mason jar cards or creations featuring mason jar images, seem to be very popular. Even brides and grooms are getting in on the act creating mason jar 'save the date' notices and even using them for wedding invitations. This challenge we want to see a creation featuring a mason jar of some sort. Whether you leave the jar image empty or fill it up with goodies, it is completely up to you. Mason jars are great for any reason or for any season so there are a variety of ways you can go! We look forward to seeing your interpretation of the theme!
In order to participate in our challenges you DO NOT NEED TO USE A SCRIBBLES DESIGNS IMAGE on your project but you must follow the monthly theme and the other rules that have been established for our particular challenge blog. You can find them, along with the prize information, listed in the right hand sidebar of the challenge blog. This challenge will end at 9pm PST on September 14th.
You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE and there is a free image over on the challenge blog as well to help get you started. Also, be sure to check out the special Freebie Friday posts as it is another great way to build your Scribbles Designs collection.
To help inspire you, I have created a card for my wonderful hubby!
Here are my card and all the details..
- This card has been created 100% digitally and then layered in a Mock Up (courtesy of Frisk Shop). I will print it out and assemble it at a later date.
- #889 Mason Jar & #F 83 Firefly (Free): Please click on the names or watermark (in the case of the jar) to find these images in the SD store.
- I have used a brad, changing the cololur slightly, from the Daddy Day set created by Jeannie Baechtold, ComputerScrapbooking.com.
- One I created.
- The shapes used for accent pieces on the front as well as matting in behind the image and sentiment are basic shapes created in Photoshop Elements. I have altered them with a layer style from HG Designs to give the shapes a bit of texture.
- The shadows to give each element some depth were created with a layer style, are from Sheila Reid, Pixel Scrapper.
Digital Paper Products:
- I used a free paper I made under the Scribble Doodle Designs label. You can find the Firefly digi paper HERE.
Challenges I am hoping to enter...
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://stampartpapel.com/category/comunidad/ -- Anything Goes
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. You have an entire month to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Until next time,
Until next time,