Sunday, April 29, 2018

Card Design: Gerda Steiner Designs Progressive Challenge…April


http://gerdasteinerdesigns.com

Hey folks! First I just want to say sorry to all my loyal friends, followers and readers. Unfortunately, life has thrown me a curveball and for the last six weeks or so my life has been turned upside down. As such, my time on the computer has been significantly reduced and has greatly affected my ability to keep up with all my work--both behind the scenes and on my blogs. I haven't been able to get the freebies done I normally would have for this time of year and have sadly had to take a leave of absence from one of the teams I am on and drop a couple other things. I hope I am back 'full time' again with the next few months but until then I miss you all and hope that you understand!

One of the things I am trying hard to not drop the ball on is my progressive card for the Gerda Steiner Designs Progressive Challenge. May will mark my FOUR year anniversary with this progressive challenge and I REALLY want to stick with it for as long as I am able. I just love Gerda's work!

Check out the adorable image that we got to work with this month...

https://gsd-stamps.com/products/gnome-couple

Everyone who played along in last month's challenge received Gnome Couple for free. If you decide to hop on and play along in the Gerda Steiner Designs Progressive Challenge, then you can purchase this digital by clicking HERE (or on the watermark above to head to its location in the store). This way you'll receive next month's digital stamp for free.

Here is my project and related details...

General Info:
  • This card has been created 100% digitally and then layered in a Mock Up (courtesy of Frisk Shop). I will print it out and assemble it a later date.

FRONT

Digital Image Details:
  • Gnome Couple: You can find this image in the store. Details above. 
  • This image was coloured with a combo of techniques including digital, patterns and paper-piecing. Other credits include: 
    • The beard and eyebrows were paper-pieced using an image courtesy of Meditations (aka Robert Owen-Wahl) via Pixabay
    • The girl's hair was paper-pieced using an image courtesy of Pezibear (aka Petra) via Pixabay
    • The dress was paper-pieced using a fabric texture courtesy of Premium Pixels
    • The apron and hat on the girl gnome were paper-pieced using a patterned paper purchased from 7th Avenue Designs
    • The male gnome's top and hat were paper pieced using a patterned paper from my Naturally Cool Kit (more details below).
    • The boots on both, along with the belt were filled using a pattern from Web Designer Lab
    • The male gnome's pants were created using a pattern from Croaky via Deviant Art
    • The buckle was filled using a pattern from Jessica Johnson via Design Cuts
    • The grass was created using an image from Textures4Photoshop
    • The sky and clouds were created using my Rebelle program

 Digital Embellishments:
  • The pennant shapes were created using a brush from Heather Green of HG Designs.
  • The doily was created using a brush designed by Sheila Reid, Pixel Scrapper.

INSIDE


OVERALL

Digital Sentiment Details:
  • Both sentiments are from the Thank You X Ten set created by Paulette from Create with TLC. For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store.


Digital Paper Products:
  • The paper used as a background on the front and inside and also to paper piece the male gnome's outfit is from my Naturally Cool Papers 1 set of the Naturally Cool Collection.

  • The paper used to paper piece the banners and doily on the front of the card is from the Solid Papers section of the Naturally Cool Collection.

 Digital Embellishments:
  • I have used basic shapes in Photoshop Elements to create matting in behind the image and the sentiment. 
  • I have applied shadow layer styles to give certain elements some depth. These styles were designed by Sheila Reid, Pixel Scrapper.

Challenges I am entering:

Challenges I am hoping to enter...

Well guys, that is it for this one. Today is actually the 29th wedding anniversary for hubby and me so it is time to leave the computer and go spend some time with him. Take care all and I hope to see you again soon.

Until next time,

7 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Lisa, this is adorable. I know what you mean about Gerda images that are just so precious. Take a deep breath and take one day at a time. So sorry that life is rough for you right now. Hopefully it will get straightened out soon. I am more than understanding because I think we all get a curve ball once in awhile to prove that we are still alive and that life isn't boring. As I have told my kids "Life is a roller coaster so just hold on to the bar." Sending hugs and prayers.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So adorable, lovely design too. Thank you so much for joining us in our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Faith TTCRD DT
Daffodil Cards {My Blog}

Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

ScrappyHorses said...

Cute!!!! Happy Anniversary!! Hugs to you, My Friend!

Kathy Barnett said...

Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge.  {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges}Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Kathy

Michelle said...

This couple is too cute. Lovely card.
Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination.
Good luck!! Michelle (DT)

Desire Fourie said...

Lisa, I am terribly sorry to hear that life is not treating you well off late. May the curve ball be straightened soon. Just stay strong and positive as we have come to know you. Just love your little gnombe couple card. It so cute.
Lots of blessings and hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

ike said...

I hope things settle a bit for you soon :-( Those papers are gorgeous.
THANK YOU for Sponsoring me at SUYP Cats Challenges for December. xxxxx
Hugz
IKE

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog