Thursday, March 29, 2018

Card Design: Gerda Steiner Designs Progressive Challenge…March

http://gerdasteinerdesigns.com

Hello there! It is time to get my progressive card for the Gerda Steiner Designs Progressive Challenge uploaded. Before I start I just want to give an apology to my followers and friends as I have not had the time to create a St. Patrick's Day freebie. Sadly, nor will I have the time to do an Easter one. My life has sort of imploded and I'm dealing with a chaotic mess in my personal life. As such my time on the computer has been cut back considerably each day. I hope that you guys understand. As it is, I'm desperate just to try and fulfil all my challenge commitments and of course getting my progressive challenge cards done too. Thankfully, I managed to get this month's project for Gerda completed on time.

Check out the adorable image that we got to work with this month...

Cat in Bookshelf Digital Stamp

Everyone who played along in last month's challenge received Cat in Bookshelf for free. If you decide to hop on and play along in the Gerda Steiner Designs Progressive Challenge, then you can purchase this digital by clicking HERE (or on the watermark above to head to its location in the store). This way you'll receive next month's digital stamp for free.

Here is my project and related details...

General Info:
  • This bookmark has been created 100% digitally and then layered in a Mock Up (courtesy of Frisk Shop). I will print it out and assemble it a later date.
  • This is the perfect image to make a bookmark. My current one has almost fallen apart and it will also make a great Mother's Day gift as well, if I could only get it printed and sent on time...sigh...

FRONT

 Digital Image Details:

  • Cat in Bookshelf : You can find this image in the store. Details above. 
  • This image was coloured with a combo of techniques including digital and paper-piecing. Other credits include: 

INSIDE
 
Digital Sentiment Details: 
  • One of my own.

OVERALL

 View of what the front and back combined look like...



View of what the inside combined looks like...


 Both will be folded in the middle and then glued back to front with magnets added on lower bottom corners.

Digital Paper Products:
  • The paw prints in the heart shapes digi paper is one that I created that will be part of an upcoming mini kit for The 12 Months of Christmas if I can ever manage to get it finished!!!

 Digital Embellishments:
  • I have used basic shapes in Photoshop Elements to create matting in behind the image and the sentiment. 
  • I have applied shadow layer styles to give certain elements some depth. These styles were designed by Sheila Reid, Pixel Scrapper.

Challenges I am entering:

Challenges I am hoping to enter...

Well guys, that is it for this one. Take care all and for those of you who celebrate, I wish you a wonderful Easter weekend!

Until next time,

3 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Lisa, that is adorable. Just love the paper. Have a Happy Easter.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card Lisa. Thank you for your comments and birthday wishes on my blog.

Tiggerscraps said...

So very cute!! I love it!