Monday, December 30, 2019

The 12 Days of Christmas Quest: Day Six


Hello and happy Monday to you! Just two more sleeps until a brand new year!

It is the sixth day of Christmas and it is time to continue the quest. If you missed day one click HERE to start from the beginning and read all the details.

Day two: click HERE 
Day three: click HERE 
Day four: click HERE
Day five: click HERE

As a quick refresher, each day during the 12 Days of Christmas (Dec. 25th to Jan. 5th), you're going to be given a task to follow. Each day over the next 12 days, I'll be asking you questions to find out a little bit more about you as a designer. You will be able to leave your daily answer in a comment on the post for each respective day. If you follow the instructions for each day, you'll earn a free digital paper.

Since this is a busy time of year for most people, you will have plenty of time to complete the quest. It is completely up to you as to when you submit your answers (daily, all at once at the end, or otherwise). AS LONG AS ALL your TASKS are submitted, no later than January 12th, 2020, then you will qualify to receive the paper(s) for whichever day(s) you participate.

Here is the paper up for grabs today...


This paper is 3600 x 3600 pixels, in jpg format and published at 300 dpi. In the zip folder that will be emailed should you successfully complete the quest, you will find a copy of the paper, its preview sheet, the credit information and my terms of use which are standard to all my folders.

Play along each of the 12 days and you'll earn yourself the full set! So, how about we get started with today's task?!!


On the sixth day of Christmas,
it is time to earn paper number six.
Play along today and you'll get to add
another free digital paper to the mix!!!


Task:
If you could try A SHAPED CARD FOLD that you've NEVER tried to make before, what would it be?

Well, for myself, it could be any number of answers since I think that I have only ever done a handful of different folds. I see some of the members of my Christmas design team doing all these really neat folds and I wish I had time to try them. There is one really cool fold that I've seen out and about and Beccy's Place has a tutorial for it so one of these days I'd really like to try a Handbag Card. The end result is so beautiful and I think my mom would be so pleased to receive something like that! If you'd like to check out this tutorial, you can find it HERE.

When you come up with a response for today's task, simply leave the name of the CARD FOLD THAT YOU'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO TRY AND MAKE in a comment on THIS POST. Now for many of you, especially those who have played in previous years, the odds are that I should have your e-mail address in order to send out the free paper you earn. If you are new to the quest or are not sure whether I might have your email address, please be sure to also leave your email address in your comment. If you would prefer to keep your address private, then check out the bottom paragraph from Day 1 for how to send it to me.

Hope this Monday brings you peace & joy! See you all tomorrow for day number seven!!!

Cheers!

10 comments:

Suze said...

There are not many shaped and fancy fold cards that I haven't attempted, although I have yet to make a pop-up box card. I think I need to try and make one in 2020.

Lori m said...

Oh...I've never made a waterfall card...to me these are beautiful and yet...I've shied away.

Happy New Year to all, hugs, Lori m

Cara said...

Less than 24 hours to the New Year! I hope yours is awesome Lisa!

So I love to make the specialty fold cards for my mom and my in-laws for the Christmas ... and the occasion milestone event when I have time.
One card I want to try is the twisted easel card.The samples I have seen just look so cool...

Now I am going to check out the handbag card you mentioned :O)

Edwina said...

Oh my, I have made so many different cards. I guess I would like to try The Popup Panel Card. Edwina Brown

Donna said...

I use Beccy's Tutorials a lot for finding fun new things to do. There is one over there (okay probably more than one) that I'd love to try. It's a building block card. Arthur loves his ABCs and I could see making him a card with some letters on it, maybe his name. I may have to check this one out soon.

Julie Odil said...

I'm with Lori. I;d like to try a waterfall card!

Mandy said...

One card I have not made before is the Pop-up box card.

I have seen some fabulous examples and intend to have a go for my MIL's birthday.
She loves flowers and I think she would really like this style of card.

pst said...

I still have to try a pop-up box card, every time I see them I think they are great, but till now I have never created one myself

Aimeslee Winans said...

Any of the more complicated easel cards (twisted, double twisted, duiamond, spinner).

Vivian Foo said...

Im unable to answer very much relating to Cards Making as I work mostly on Art Journals and only does Birthday Cards for family and close friends. Im clueless what's a Shaped Card Fold.