Happy New Year Everyone!!! And a busy New Year's Day it is. This is one of six posts across all the blogs that I work on that I need to get out today! Right now it is time for the midway for the latest Scribbles Designs Challenge to get started.
There are two whole weeks left for you to come on over and enter. In case you've missed it, the theme this time around for Challenge #36, is Bingo! Did you play BINGO as a child? Maybe you still do. The fun thing about BINGO is that you can adapt it to play in different ways. For example, the game can be adapted for coming up with different ideas to add to your card or project. If you haven't played a BINGO challenge before it is a pretty easy concept to follow. Simply create a card or other kind of project using any 5 items listed below in a row--across, down or diagonally, it is up to you. For example, you might choose to work with the items in the second row down--glitter, pearls, patterned paper, a sentiment and the colour red. Or maybe you'll choose to use all the items in the last row down under the 'O"--No patterned paper, red, washi tape, blue and some gems. Whichever row you choose, just please be sure to mention in your post the items you have chosen to use. We look forward to seeing the different combinations, you all come up with!
Entering is super simple! You do not need to use a Scribbles Designs image; however, if you do, your name gets entered into the draw twice. You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE or you can also find one for a limited time on the challenge blog HERE. Also, be sure to check out our special Freebie Friday posts as it is another great way to build your Scribbles Designs collection. You can find the rest of the rules and information regarding winners in the sidebar on the challenge blog. You have until 9pm PST on January 14th to come over and play with us.
Here is my card and all the details...
- Okay, so I am starting out the New Year, showcasing a special card I created for an order from a friend to give as a wedding card for a fall wedding that took place in October. It happens to be my favourite creation yet!
- The original invitation had leaves on it in brown with a creamy base. As soon as I saw it I knew the exact image from Scribbles Designs to use to make a paper for my background.
- My friend requested something Shabby Chic so I went searching and found a gorgeous card to model my own after created by Kat from the Paper Firefly blog which can be found HERE. I followed the same layout and even created a sentiment very similar to the one she used but all my papers and embellies are completely different.
- Bingo choices: under the N using Bling, Patterned Paper, FREE, Twine, & Ribbon.
Digital Paper Details:
- Maple Leaf Doodle: I have used the Maple Leaf Doodle before and I know I will again, it is just such a beautiful and versatile image.
- I took the image and created a digital paper with it. This paper will eventually be available for sales under the Scribble Doodle Designs label, once I create a few more to add to the set.
- Click on the name above or watermark below to find it in the store.
- Here is a pic of the back of the card that allows you to see a better view of the image.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- As mentioned above, I created a digital sentiment based on the one used on the card that inspired me. I modelled it after an existing rubber stamp that can be found for sale HERE at the Lili of the Valley Company. The stamp that I created is for my own personal use and therefore I believe that no copyright infringement has occurred.
- The flowers, twine, ribbon and little tiny halfpearls are all Crafts brand and were purchased at Dollarama.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- My friend wanted the inside very simple and requested velum. This is the first time that I have ever used velum and I have to say that I am pleased with the effect. I simply created a congratulations sentiment and added their names and matted it before attaching it to the velum. Thankfully I was able to affix the tape in behind the matting so that it didn't show at all.
- Card and sentiment bases: Michael's Recollection's cardstock, white.
- Matting: Recollection's open stock scrapbook paper.
Challenges I am hoping to enter...
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://stampartpapel.com/category/comunidad/ -- Anything Goes
- http://carabbiemomentsofcraft.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://creativecardcrew.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://deepoceanchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://www.ttcrd.blogspot.ca/ (3E) -- Anything Goes (first entry)
- http://crazychallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Celebrations
- http://thepapergirlschallenge.blogspot.ca/-- Celebrate
- http://craft-deebowz.blogspot.ca -- Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow
- http://useyourstuff.blogspot.ca/ -- Metallics (the twine that I used is a metallic twine)
- http://www.4craftychicks.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://creativecraftcottage.blogspot.co.nz/ (3E) *paper craft handmade* -- Add Some Sparkle (there is sparkle in the metallic twine and also on the little half pearls which are under the folded up corners)
- http://doodlepantryblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes with Digital images (the leaf is a digi image that I have made into a digi paper and the sentiments are digi as well)
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. You have an entire month to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Until next time,
Until next time,