With under three hours to go before the link up expires, it is time to get my final progressive card for the month posted. Nothing like leaving it to the last possible minute! This means I can mark one more thing off my crazy weekend 'to do' list and only have five more to go! This time up it is for the Gerda Steiner Designs Progressive Challenge.
If you have never been to Gerda's before, NOW is the absolute best time to go and check her designs out. When I went over earlier today to grab the watermark and link to this month's image, I ended up finding the freebie motherload! I picked up 11 ADORABLE FREEBIES! And, if I am not mistaken, there were two other free images listed as well, just ones I already own. It is hard to say how long they will be there so be sure to go and visit as soon as you can! Simply click HERE to head to the digital stamp section of the store and you'll see a list of all the images. The freebies are mixed within. Be sure to leave Gerda LOTS of ♥♥♥LOVE♥♥♥ if you end up picking up some of the freebies.
Now back to the current challenge. This month we got to work with the following sweet image...
Hee, hee. Isn't he just so stinkin' cute?! Everyone who played along in last month's challenge received Hedgehog with Pumpkin for free. If you decide to hop on and play along in the Gerda Steiner Designs Progressive Challenge, then you can purchase this digital by clicking HERE (or on the watermark above to head to its location in the store). This way you'll receive next month's digital stamp for free. Although, given how little time left there is in the challenge, you'd need to work REALLY FAST! ;)
Here are my card and details...
- This card was created mostly digitally and then printed out and assembled and coloured by hand (image).
Digital Image Details:
- Hedgehog with Pumpkin: You can find this image in the store. Details above. This image was coloured in with Copic Markers. The ground and sky were added in with coloured pencils.
Digital Embellishment Details:
- The pennant shape was created with a digital template from Marisa Lerin, Pixel Scrapper and paper pieced with a two different textured papers I recently created.
- The sentiment used on the inside was created by Paulette from Create with TLC. I picked it up as a freebie a while back. Click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and HERE to go to the store.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
Digital Paper Products:
- The pumpkin paper used on the front and inside is the freebie I offered up for the last year's Canadian Thanksgiving which you can find HERE (preview below).
Digital Embellishment Details:
- The shape used for matting in behind the image (front) and sentiment (inside) are simple shapes created in Photoshop Elements.
- The shadows to give each element some depth were created with a layer style from Sheila Reid, Pixel Scrapper.
Challenges I am entering:
Other challenges I hope to enter...
***Please note that if the word verification appears, ignore it and simply click the 'publish' button***
- Word Art Wednesday -- Anything Goes
- http://artbymiranchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes but no digital colouring
- http://www.craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.ca/ (3E) -- Always Anything Goes
- http://inspirationdestinationchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Always Anything Goes
- http://creataliciouschallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Guys: Male Themed Cards
- http://whimsyinspires.blogspot.ca/ (3) -- Fall Colours or Christmas (2nd entry)
- http://stampartpapel.com/retarte-63-anything-goes/ -- Anything Goes
- http://thesisterhoodofcrafters.blogspot.ca/ (3E) -- Fall (2nd entry)
- http://thecraftyaddicts.blogspot.co.uk/ (3E) -- Autumn Colour Palette (2nd entry)
Well guys, that is it for this one. While I realize it is awfully late in the day, it is still Hallowe'en so stay tuned for a freebie coming out later this evening--as soon as I finish making it that is! Hopefully, I'll see you all again real soon!