Hey folks! I'm here today to announce the next challenge over at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge. This time around for Challenge #138, the theme is School Days. Do you know any students about to embark on another year of education? Whether grade school or high school, college or university, it doesn't matter. Now is the perfect time to create a card to encourage a student you know to have a great year ahead. It is time to show us some school spirit!
Here is my card, I hope that I haven't forgotten any important details:
- This card has been created 100% digitally and then layered in a Mock Up (courtesy of Frisk Shop). I will print it out and assemble it a later date.
- I got this idea in my head that it would be fun to make a card that looked like a composition book with stickers all over it like I used to see when I was in high school. Of course MY books never had stickers on them, but many of my friends did so I thought that it would be something unique and different. I hope you like it!
Digital Image Details:
- Mr Bookworm With Books: This is such a fun image for young or old. You can find the image in Pattie's Etsy shop by clicking on the name or watermark linked below.
- This image was coloured completely digitally using Photoshop Elements. I have also added a layer style purchased from Elif Sahin, Pixel Scrapper, to make it to look like a sticker for the purposes of this project.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- The 'Back to School' sentiment is from Paulette from Create with TLC. For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store. This sentiment was made to look like a sticker using the same layer style mentioned above.
- The individual word art creation, 'English' is from my A Touch of Class kit. (see details below).
Digital Image Details:
- Mr Bookworm With Apple: Another fun image. It can also be found in Pattie's Etsy shop by clicking on the name or watermark linked below.
- This image was also coloured completely digitally and made to look like a sticker using the same layer style mentioned above.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- One I created for the purposes of this card. I wanted to give it that handwritten feel.
Background and Digital Embellishment Details:
- I have used one of the general elements, the blue composition book, from my A Touch of Class kit as the background for this card.
- I have also used a few general elements from my A Touch of Class kit and made them into stickers using the same layer style mentioned above for the front of my card.
- I have also used some actual stickers from my A Touch of Class kit for the front and inside of my card.
- I have used basic shapes in Photoshop Elements to create matting in behind the sentiment on the inside.
- I have applied shadow layer styles to give certain elements some depth. These styles were designed by Sheila Reid, Pixel Scrapper.
Like what you see from the A Touch of Class Kit?The previews for the all the remaining sections of this kit can be seen on my Designs Preview page (link at top of blog in tab section). The bundle or just the paper sets alone can be purchased in the Scribbles Designs store. You can find it for sale HERE.
Challenges I am hoping to enter...
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://inspirationdestinationchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Always Anything Goes
- http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://thepapershelter.blogspot.ca/ -- Back to School
- yourscrapbookplace.blogspot.com -- Always Anything Goes
- https://ttcrd.blogspot.ca/ -- Always Anything Goes
You have until Oct. 5th to enter our challenge which should give you lots of time to get a creation done. Remember the theme is School Days. I really hope that you will be able to join us. You can enter twice per challenge and of course MUST follow all the challenge requirements that are posted for each challenge (please click HERE to become familiar with all the rules). In addition to all the typical criterion, you MUST USE A DIGITAL OR STAMPED IMAGE to qualify for the drawing (unless stated otherwise). We would absolutely love to see you use a Pattie's Creations (PC) image on your card, but you are allowed to use other images. If you do use a PC image, you will gain an extra entry in the draw and will have a better chance to WIN! Easy Peasy right?!
Pop over to the challenge blog and check out what my fabulous teammates have offered up for inspiration. Oh and don't forget…Pattie offers up a new freebie the first Friday of the month and it will remain up for approximately two weeks; so, be sure to pop over and check it out as well!
Well guys, that is it for this one. Hopefully I will see you all very soon.
Until next time,