Hello folks! I'm here today to announce the next challenge over at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge. This time around for Challenge #157, the theme is Flowers. Spring is officially here and hopefully that means that the snow will be gone soon and we'll start seeing lots of green and then other beautiful colours as the flowers start their new cycle. In anticipation of that event, it is a great time to make a card with some flowers on it.
General Project Info:
- This card has been created 100% digitally and then layered in a Mock Up (courtesy of Frisk Shop). I will print it out and assemble it a later date.
- I had a lot of fun with this card but it took me a long time to finish. There was a lot of delicate paper piecing involved and layering to get the effect on each of the pieces of the fairy outfit I wanted, which meant adding layer masks and doing a lot of precision work. Unfortunately though, all the glitter and sparkle on the hanging fairy outfit pieces seems to be lost when the image is shown this small. Hopefully it will be more noticeable when I print it out. Even though you can't really see the effects I am talking about, I think it was still worth the work.
Digital Images Details:
- Fairy Clothesline can be found in Pattie's Etsy shop. I saw this image in the store and just had to use it. So adorable and can be used for a lot of reasons making it a great versatile image!
- This image was coloured in digitally using digital colouring and 'paper piecing'. Credits include:
- The image used to digitally 'paper piece' the wooden posts is from Blessed Print
- The image used to digitally 'paper piece' the rope is from Eva-Katerina
- For the fairy wings I have used a texture from Julia Dreams as the base, then overlayed it with a digi paper texture from Studio Denmark, then finally screened some 'fairy dust' from 2 Little Owls
- For the middle image on the clothes line I have used a texture from Julia Dreams as the base, then screened a different 'fairy dust' texture from 2 Little Owls
- For the far right image on the clothes line I have used an image from Amanda Ilkov as the base, then screened a third coloured 'fairy dust' texture from 2 Little Owls
- The grass is a couple of different images courtesy of Textures 4 Photoshop
- The sky and cloud background is one I created with my Rebelle program
- The butterflies used as accents are from MyStocks.
- I have created a frame of flowers using an image from Mikibith Art.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- The sentiment used on the inside is from the Cupcake Fairy set from Imagine That Digistamp (appears to no longer be available in the store). I have recoloured it to suit the purposes of this project.
Digital Paper Products:
- The purple glitter paper used for the background is from my Glitteratti Set 1.
Digital Embellishment Details:
- I have used basic shapes in Photoshop Elements to create matting in behind the sentiment.
- I have applied shadow layer styles to give certain elements some depth. These styles were designed by Sheila Reid, Pixel Scrapper.
Challenges I am hoping to enter...
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- yourscrapbookplace.blogspot.com -- Always Anything Goes
- https://ttcrd.blogspot.ca/ -- Always Anything Goes
You have until May 2nd to enter our challenge which should give you lots of time to get a creation done. Remember the theme is Flowers. I really hope that you will be able to join us. You can enter twice per challenge and of course MUST follow all the challenge requirements that are posted for each challenge (please click HERE to become familiar with all the rules).
Pop over to the challenge blog and check out what my fabulous teammates have offered up for inspiration. Oh and don't forget…Pattie offers up a new freebie the first Friday of the month and it will remain up for approximately two weeks; so, be sure to pop over and check it out as well!
Well guys, that is it for this one. Hopefully it won't be too long before I see you all again.
Until next time,