Howdy ho, ho, ho everyone. I can't believe that it is Christmas Eve. Wow. If you celebrate Christmas, are you ready? Sadly, I'm still not. The rest of today will be spent taking care of all those last minute details. However, first up it is time to introduce the latest challenge over at Ike's World. The theme for the next two weeks is New Year, New Beginnings. A new year brings with it such possibilities, doesn't it? A chance to start over, try something new, change our current habits. I just love all the possibilities a new year can bring.
You can join in Ike's challenge with a creation using any kind of medium or style but remember that in order to qualify to win the prize you MUST use an Ike's Art image. If you don't already have an image and would like to purchase one, check out all the awesome ones available in the store by clicking HERE. Ike has an amazing and varied selection to choose from and you are sure to find something to suit your needs. There is also a freebie available over on the challenge blog that you can use to enter the challenge. However, please be respectful of the artist's rights and do not post, pin or share the image with anyone else. If you know some people who might like it, send them over to the challenge blog so they can pick it up for themselves.
Check out what I made for this fortnight...
- Now that the drama of the candle that technically is now worth $82.50 is behind me, it is time to move on to something else. Thankfully, this fortnight's project didn't cost me anything extra out of pocket.
- While I didn't have the opportunity to actually convert my digital design into a physical card, I do intend to do so sometime after the holidays.
- Clock: I first saw this clock when my teammie, Samara, created a project using it. As soon as I saw it, I knew that I wanted to incorporate it into something. Contact Ike, if you are interested in purchasing it.
- I recoloured the clock in PSE 12 to coordinate with the other colours used in my project.
- Pocket watch: It was wonderful that Ike had another great timepiece, as this card allowed me to showcase two of them. Once again, it was recoloured in PSE 12. You can find this image in the 'My Latest Designs' section of the Ike's Art store or by clicking on the watermark below.
- Just one I created.
OVERALLDigital Paper Products:
- I used two different digital papers from the 20's Chic kit designed by Jeanine Baechtold a designer with ComputerScrapbook.com, available as a freebie. I also altered two elements from this same kit to suit my purposes for this particular card.
- Scribble and Scrap Crafts -- Anything Goes
- Avenue 613 -- Anything Goes with optional twist
- Word Art Wednesday -- Anything Goes
- I'll see if there is time to enter others...
What will you create using one of Ike's wonderful images? Pop over and play along with us anytime during the next two weeks over at Ike's World Challenges. You can find out everything you need to know in order to play, by heading to the challenge blog. I've linked the logo below to take you there. While you are over there, please be sure to check out the incredible creations offered up by some of my fellow DT members and be sure to pop over there again next week when the second team's projects are showcased to help inspire you.
Just one more post to go before I take a blogging break. Check back later this morning as I have a small treat planned to give away.