Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Card Design: Ike's World Challenge #14...Everything Easter

Good morning everyone.  It is time to share the new Ike's World Challenge.  This fortnight the theme is Everything Easter.  It is hard to believe but Easter will be here in just a few very short weeks.  It will be here and gone before I even have time to plan for it!  Boy that is going to be a busy time for us in the Décosse household.  It is my birthday the day before on the Saturday, then Easter on Sunday, then we have Easter Monday, the hub's birthday on the Tuesday and then 10 days later, we celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary!  Sheesh.  I better get planning NOW!  At least I now have the Easter cards ready for our surrogate 'nieces'.  During the Tic Tac Toe Challenge, I created JoJo's card/tag and now it is time for JuJu's.

Remember, you can join in Ike's challenge with a creation using any kind of medium or style but in order to qualify to win the prize you MUST use an Ike's Art image. You can find some fab ones in the store HERE.  There is also a freebie available over on the challenge blog that you can use to enter the challenge but please be respectful of the artist's rights and do not post, pin or share the image with anyone else. Instead, if you know some people who might like it, send them over to the challenge blog so they can pick it up for themselves.

 Here is my project...

Digital Image Details:
  • Chikkin:  I got the opportunity to use another fabulous image from Ike's line of Krazy Kritterz.  You can find it in the 'Animals' section of the Ike's Art store or by clicking on the watermark below.
    • I have coloured this image with Copic markers.  Crown/beak/gullet/feet:  Y17, YR04, YR07.  Body: Y32, Y35, Y38.  Brown areas: E21, E23, E25.
  • Those fabulous eggs 'in' the basket are from Romiposer11 available in the Eggs1 Easter in Love 2013 kit.  This is an incredible artist and you can find their creations on their blog HERE. The eggs look so real, don't they?!  If I didn't know any better, I'd swear they weren't made of paper!
http://romiposer.blogspot.ca/
Digital  Sentiment: 
  • I repeated the sentiment I used for JoJo's card/tag--a great one from Tracey Brossart.  Head to her blog, BrossArt Addiction, to find more fabulous free sentiments.  I also chose to ink in the scallop and add the faux stitching, and add chalk to enhance the sentiment, once again to match the first one I did.  However, in terms of the chalk, it is a light green that doesn't really show up all that well in the pic.
Paper Products: 
  • The green paper I used for the basket is from Michael's Recollection's cardstock, South Beach Collection. 
Electronic Die Cut Cartridge: 
  • Cricut Create A Critter cartridge.
Embossing Folder: 
  • The basket was embossed with a Cricut, Paper Lace II embossing folder.
Challenges I am hoping to enter...  
 
Here are the card/tags side by side.  I think they have enough elements the same to show continuity but that each girl will receive something unique.

What will you create using one of Ike's wonderful images?  Pop over and play along with us anytime during the next two weeks over at Ike's World Challenges. You can find out everything you need to know in order to play, by heading to the challenge blog.  I've linked the logo below to take you there.  While you are over there, please be sure to check out the incredible creations offered up by some of my fellow DT members and be sure to pop over there again next week when the second team's projects are showcased to help inspire you.
Until next time,


6 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous creation Ginny x

ike said...

FABULOUS creations - they look so good together :-)
Marvelous colouring on the chicken :-)
You will certainly be having a very busy time over Easter !!!!
Hugs
IKE xxxxxxxxx

Karon said...

WOW - those eggs look fabulous - I really did think they were 3D, until I read the post! TFS

Edwina said...

These are great Easter cards! Love those animals. Those eggs look so real. I like shaped cards. They are not so easy to do either. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

nwilliams6 said...

Cute images and fun creations. I have always liked Ike's work! Hugz!

Crafting Vicky said...

ahhhhh these are soooo cute! love them both. Your nieces are going to adore them.