It is time for the next challenge over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog.This month for Challenge #12, the theme is Shades of White. Shades of white are everywhere, where I live right now and in many other locations that get snow as well. Whether it is snowflakes falling through the air, the blanket of snow across the ground or the snow people showing up all over the place, 'tis a season of white in many places.
In order to participate in our challenges you DO NOT NEED TO USE A SCRIBBLES DESIGNS IMAGE on your project but you must follow the monthly theme. You can enter as many times as you'd like AS LONG AS YOU USE A SCRIBBLES DESIGNS IMAGE; or, if you choose to enter the challenge using another artist's image you are limited to three entries. As always, you are welcome to combine your entry with other challenges and we ask that you enter new projects/cards only - no back linking, plus the standard rules of linking your blog post and mentioning Scribbles Designs in your post. This challenge will end at 9pm PST on January 14th.
The winner, chosen by Random.org will receive three digital images. If you use a Scribbles Designs image, please add SD after your name--example: Lisa SD--and your name will be entered twice into the drawing for the prize. Additionally, there will be one digital image handed out for each of the Top 3, chosen by the Scribbles Designs Design Team. We look forward to seeing your interpretation of this month's theme. There also might be some extra recognition or prizes, you just never know.
You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE.
You can also find some free sentiments from Sandy's personal blog HERE and there is a free image over on the challenge blog as well.
To help inspire you, I've created a card using one of Sandy's cool new subway art images aptly named Wintertime Subway Art. Click on the watermark below to take you to its location in the store.
Here are the card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- This is the first shades of white card that I have had to create. I've done one with white and gold and also the Christmas one where it was mostly white and red but this was truly my first sort of white on white. Thankfully I was allowed to use a bit of colour in the images themselves.
- Wintertime Subway Art: Information for where to buy this image is included above.
- I've added some iridescent glitter glue to the word snow at the top, as well as to the snowman, the gingerbreadman and the antlers and nose of the reindeer in order to give it some sparkle.
- I have used two Creatology foam snowflake stickers purchased at Michael's.
- Cricut, Paper Lace II embossing folder.
- I made the frame using the Elegant Edges cartridge from Cricut.
- Season's Greetings: Another awesome image from Christine over at Mudmaven. She has tons of freebies just waiting to be given a good home. Don't forget, that if you grab any, remember to drop her a quick thanks.
- I have used a Creatology foam snowman sticker purchased at Michael's.
- Doesn't the inside left look cool?! I'm really happy with the counter effect of the embossing on the front. I decided to just send the whole front of the card through instead of doing a piece and then gluing. First, it saved me some precious time and these days there isn't a second to waste. Secondly I knew that it would provide some texture for the inside as well which I felt was important given that everything is basically white.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Card Kit, white, lg.
- Designer Papers:
- Shimmery white cardstock used as framing on the front and matting on the inside--Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
- http://scribbleandscrapcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://avenue613.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes with optional twist
- http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Feminine with a Sentiment
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/-- Anything Goes
- http://fabnfunkychallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Snowflakes
- http://craftybootschallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Christmas
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. You have an entire month to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Until next time,