This digi release will continue on until Saturday. Heather has an event page set up over on Facebook. Click HERE to join in on all the fun.
Here are my card and details. I hope I haven't forgotten anything important...
- Thanks to Heather, I found out that Maluhia, a word derived from the Hawaiian language, means peace, serenity, calmness, quiet, etc. As I glanced at the digi and thought about the definition, it finally came to me. This would make a perfect, if untraditional, condolences card. Inspired with that in mind, this is what I came up with.
Digital Image Details:
- Mahulia: Part of the new release collection of Mermaids coming out today. This is such a unique image and I had fun playing around with it. You can find all the new releases over at the store right now by clicking HERE.
- This image was coloured in digitally and then printed out. Now since the sandbank that the mermaid is on is underwater, it took me some time to figure out how to colour it. I decided the best thing to do would be to overlay it with the water but make it transparent so you can see the sand underneath. It might look a little odd to some but I am hoping that it looks okay for the most part and actually looks like what it is supposed to. Digital credits include:
- Cloud and water patterns courtesy of Webtreats, Etc.
- Sand is a layer style from Sheila Reid, purchased at Pixel Scrapper.
- The lower body of the mermaid was digitally paper pieced using a scanned version of the paper I used on the inside.
- The tail colours were added digitally as well.
- Then I added some shading to all the different elements to help give it a bit of depth.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- I added the word Mahulia to the front of the card before printing it out.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- Both of the sentiments on the inside have been designed by me. The colours were matched to the designer paper that was used on the inside.
- Now since I figured the recipient wouldn't understand the meaning behind the card, I added the definition to the inside right hand side. Hopefully, this isn't weird and will help the person understand the meaning.
- Image and sentiment base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- Card base, matting and extra pieces on the inside right: Crafts Brand Cardstock, brown -- purchased at Dollarama
- The paisley paper is from the Recollection's Paisley and Damask Paper Pad.
- Avenue 613 -- Anything Goes with optional twist
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://www.allwayssomethingcreative.blogspot.ca/ -- Water
- http://eclecticellapu.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Seaside/Nautical
- http://stempelgartenchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Sun, Beach and Ocean
- http://fairytale-challengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Sun, Beach and Sea
- http://crafterscafeblogchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Use a Digi
- http://inkyimpressionschallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
Just a reminder about our current challenge...
Don't forget, you have until Tuesday, August 5th at 11:55 p.m., to enter our current challenge with the theme, "By the Sea/Summer". Just click the image below to be taken to the link up!
One winner will receive 3 FBD Digital Stamps and one winner from the month of July will win our BLOG CANDY! You can find out everything you need to know in order to be eligible by clicking the link above.
Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my card and one of the latest new releases over at Fresh Brewed Designs. Remember to come back on Friday to meet the rest of the new mermaids. I hope you have the chance to take some time for yourself, grab a cuppa and relax while browsing through the store. Maybe one or two of Heather's wonderful images will find their way back home with you.
At Fresh Brewed Designs we always have a fresh pot of creativity brewing. So stop by and join us for a cuppa whenever you want!
You can also find FBD on Facebook by clicking HERE.
Until next time,