Hey there and happy Monday to you all! It is time to post my project for the Digi of the Month Challenge taking place over at Deedee's Digis.
In order to enter the progressive challenge, you must either have received the latest image by having participated in the previous month or you can buy the stamp for the current month's challenge. Everyone who enters and follows the rules is a winner because you automatically get the stamp for the next month's challenge. Stop by the site and check out the rules for yourself. Be sure to check out the store while you are there too. Currently there are a few sets available for free and of course there are some wonderful ones available for purchase in the store.
Right now it is time to check out the awesome set participants got to work with this month...
Seasonal Baskets is another fab set. Five different basket choices give you lots of occasions to centre your card around and there is even an empty basket to work with (outline only). As always, Deedee's sets come with both outline and coloured versions to provide you with incredible variety and sentiments to help you out as well. If you did not participate in last month's challenge, you can still purchase this set for just $1.25 during the month of August at the store or get it for free with any $10.00 purchase (check blog for more details). You can find it HERE.
Now if you would like to jump in and join this challenge, Deedee is offering up the outline and coloured version of the Christmas basket for FREE to allow you the chance to join in the progressive challenge. There is still just under a week left so that it lots of time to jump in and join this great challenge. You can find it by clicking HERE.
This month's set allowed me to get in an unexpected Christmas card which is awesome; especially considering I didn't get one done at the beginning of August for the 12 Months of Christmas Link Up--bad me.
Christmas Cards to date for 2015: 20
Here are my card and details...
- This card has been created mostly digitally and then printed and assembled. The snowflake embellishment was added after assembled.
- This particular layout was inspired by a Annabelle Stamps Sketch (challenge no longer active).
Digital Image Details:
- Seasonal Baskets: You can find this set in the store. Details above. I used the coloured version from the set to once again help save me some time.
- One of my own offered as a freebie. You can find it and other Christmas related sentiments by clicking on Holiday Handouts in the label section found in the right hand sidebar.
- The snowflake is Crafts brand and was purchased at Dollarama.
- The half pearls are also Crafts brand and were purchased at the same location.
- The accent piece on the front is a cropped section of a digital paper from the Glitter Papers and Word Art set available from Imagine That! Digis by Kris.
- You can find the set in the store by clicking on the watermark below. If you are interested in the whole mega kit for one low price, click HERE. To see the other individual sets from the kit, click HERE.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- This wonderful sentiment was created by Paulette from Create with TLC. While I picked it up a while back as a freebie, you can purchase it in the Most Wonderful Time of the Year Vintage Image and Word Art Set. I've linked the watermark below to go to its location in the store. For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for more awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- The paper used as a background on the front and inside is one of the papers that was offered up during the 12 Days of Christmas giveaway I had this year. It can now be found in the 12 Days of Christmas--2014 paper kit.
- The shadows to give each element some depth were created with a layer style from Sheila Reid, Pixel Scrapper.
- The shapes used for matting in behind the image and sentiment are simple shapes created in Photoshop Elements.
***Please note that if the word verification appears, ignore it and simply click the 'publish' button***
- Word Art Wednesday -- Always Anything Goes
- http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.ca/ (UL) -- Always Anything Goes (but must be a card)
- http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Always Anything Goes
- http://inspirationdestinationchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Always Anything Goes
- http://www.cropstop.com/blog/ -- Anything Goes with Something from the CropStop Shop (I've used a Fiskars blade which is available in the shop. I have asked if the blade is enough and was told yes.)
- http://crimbo-crackers.blogspot.ca/ -- Snowmen
- http://christmascardchallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes: Christmas
- http://christmascardsallyearround.blogspot.ca/ -- Snowflakes
- http://hjcchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Snowflakes and Sparkle (I have a snowflake--both as an embellishment and in the background paper and both the accent piece and the elements in the background paper are glitter effects for some sparkle)
- http://abcchristmaschallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Quantum Leap (either F for frosty or G for Glitter)
- http://case-ingchristmas.blogspot.co.uk/ -- there are snowflakes and ivory in my design, I hope that is sufficient
Well guys, I've managed to finally finish my first progressive card of the month now on to the next one plus some DT work and more behind the scenes stuff for my teams. Time for the countdown to the end of the month to begin. Wish me luck!
Until next time,