Hello and a very happy Friday to you all. Today marks the start of the newest challenge over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog.
This time around, for Challenge #37, the theme is Have A Heart! Do any of you remember the old song by Eddie Fisher called 'Heart'? Of course, I personally wasn't around in 1955 when it came out but I definitely remember it on the airwaves, especially during the old Saturday night radio shows in the 80s that focused on music from the 50s and 60s. The first two lines of the song which are repeated often throughout, are:
"You've gotta have heart, All you really need is heart"
Well, with Valentine's Day around the corner, we thought that this challenge would be the perfect occasion to create a project with a heart or hearts featured in a prominent way. The heart could be the whole image itself, or just part of it, part of the papers you use or they could show up in your embellishments. "You've gotta have heart, All you really need is heart!" We look forward to seeing what form yours takes!
In order to participate in our challenges you DO NOT NEED TO USE A SCRIBBLES DESIGNS IMAGE on your project but you must follow the monthly theme and the other rules that have been established for our particular challenge blog. You can find them, along with the prize information, listed in the right hand sidebar of the challenge blog. This challenge will end at 9pm PST on February 14th.
You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE and there is a free image over on the challenge blog as well to help get you started. Also, be sure to check out the special Freebie Friday posts as it is another great way to build your Scribbles Designs collection.
To help inspire you, I have created a sweet card for my sweet hubby!
Here are my card and all the details..
Digital Image Details:
- #928 Love Letters: Now this image has heart! Please click on the name or watermark to find this image in the SD store.
- The image was mostly coloured in with Copic markers. The area behind the stamp is paper pieced with one of my papers (details below) and the envelope was paper pieced with a paper from Cruzine's Designs. The image was fussy cut and affixed to the front.
- I used some Crafts brand satin fabric hearts purchased at Dollarama.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- This awesome sentiment was created by Paulette from Create with TLC. For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for more awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's cardstock, white.
- Matting: Recollection's cardstock, Soda Pop collection.
Digital Paper Products:
- The paper I used for the background is from my Heartland Mini Set available for purchase HERE.
Challenges I am hoping to enter...
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://lilpatchofcraftyfriends.blogspot.com.au (3E) *handmade* -- Anything Goes
- http://stampartpapel.com/category/comunidad/ -- Anything Goes
- more to be added...
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. You have an entire month to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Until next time,
Until next time,