Hidey ho to you on this lovely super warm Saturday--okay I'm lying, it is not warm at all, it is FREEZING but I'm trying to convince my body that it is warm. Have you ever tried to type with gloves on? It's not pretty.
Anyway, I wanted to let you all know that I've taken over the Freebie Friday spot on the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog to help give Sandy a hand. This week there is a cute ball of yarn up for grabs and I managed to whip up this digi card to accompany the post. Of course, I am a day late with my own post BUT at least I got the Freebie Friday post done on time!
- This card has been created 100% digitally and then layered in a poster mockup (courtesy of Design Bolts). I will print it out and assemble it a later date.
- I went clean and simple with one of my favourite colour combos--black, white and red.
- You know me, I'm a sucker for puns so I just couldn't help myself!
Digital Image Details:
- #F 40 Ball of Yarn (Free): Whether you are a cat lover, a craft lover or just like to have pun like I did in my card above, I'm sure you can find lots of uses for today's freebie! Please click on the name to find this image in the SD store or you can click HERE to find it in my Freebie Friday post.
- The image was coloured in digitally.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- #0100 Wool Valentine sentiment: Sandy had the perfect punny sentiment already available. Please click on the name or watermark below to find this image in the SD store.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- This sweet sentiment was created by Paulette from Create with TLC. For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store.
- I coloured the 'hugs and kisses' part digitally to add some red to the sentiment.
- I have applied shadow layer styles to give certain elements some depth. This style is courtesy of Sheila Reid, Pixel Scrapper.
Challenges I am hoping to enter...
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://pileitonchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Your First Initial (My first initial is L and I used Layering, there are also Ls in the sentiment)
- http://ttcrd.blogspot.ca/ (2E) -- Always Anything Goes (1st entry)
- http://doodlepantryblog.blogspot.ca/ (1E) -- Anything Goes
- http://stampartpapel.com/category/comunidad/ -- Anything Goes
- http://yourscrapbookplace.blogspot.ca/ (2E) -- Always Anything Goes (2nd entry)
- http://kraftinkimmiestamps.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://inspirationdestinationchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Always Anything Goes
Don't forget to mark you calendars for every Friday to head on over to the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog to grab the latest freebie up for grabs. You can find the Ball of Yarn from Jan 22nd's post HERE. It is a great way to add you your SD digi stamp collection. Don't forget, that when you use an SD image on a project that you enter into our monthly challenges, you get extra entries! That is a great incentive to use one of Sandy's images.
Well that is it for this post. I'm off to do some DT work and get some posts prepared for next week so I will see you soon.
Until next time,