Saturday, January 30, 2016

Card Design: From the Heart Stamps January Challenge

http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/blog/

Hey peeps!  Happy Saturday to you all!  First off, I want to say thanks to my friend Kitty who let me in on a little secret--okay so it is not a secret but it is the first I'm hearing about it.  Apparently, Google is cleaning up inactive accounts and many people are losing followers.  Kitty has been reading that some are losing 20, 30, even 50 followers. I should feel thankful that I've only lost 8 so far.  Kitty also told me that Google has dropped anyone who does not have a Google account and that these individuals need to create a Google account and rejoin (if they want to). So at least that explains that!  I feel a bit better now because I was really started to wonder what I had said or done to cause such a large exodus all at once

Anyway, it is time for me to post my card for the From the Heart Stamps (FTHS) progressive stamp of the month challenge. I'm unfortunately rather late with it but at least I've still a little time before the challenge closes.
 
In order to enter the FTHS progressive challenge, you must either have received the latest image by having participated in the previous month or you can buy the stamp for the current month's challenge.  Everyone who enters and follows the rules is a winner because you automatically get the stamp for the next month's challenge.  Stop by the site and check out the rules for yourself.  While you are there, have a look around.  They have some really awesome images.

General Info: 
  • This card has been created 100% digitally and then layered in a poster mockup (courtesy of Design Bolts).  I will print it out and assemble it a later date.
  •  I chose to use one of the older sketches from From the Hearts Stamps Sketch.  
 

FRONT
Digital Image Details: 
  • The image on the front, Cozy Kittens, is available for purchase over at From the Heart Stamps. Click on the title or on the watermark below to go to its location in the store.
  • If you missed out, you can still play along with the challenge by purchasing the image. Then you can enter the challenge and receive next month’s digi free. Alternatively, if you spend $10 in the From The Heart Stamps store this month, you'll receive the image for free.  To find the special code you need, be sure to check out the original post by clicking HERE.
  • This image was coloured and 'paper pieced digitally. 
Stamp Preview by FromTheHeartStamps

Digital Embellishments: 
  • I have created a couple of pennant shapes using templates created by Marisa Lerin, Pixel Scrapper.  

INSIDE
Digital Sentiment Details: 
  • The sentiment used on the top was created by Paulette from Create with TLC.  For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store.
  • The bottom sentiment is from the Cozy Kittens set. 

OVERALL
Digital Embellishments: 
  • The circle shapes are just basic shapes in Photoshop Elements.
  • I have applied shadow layer styles to give certain elements some depth.  These styles were created by Sheila Reid, Pixel Scrapper.

 Digital Paper Products:
 
  • The paper used as a base is one of the papers that was up for grabs during the 12 Days of Christmas 2015--and oh yeah, I am STILL mailing those out to people!

Challenges I am entering: 
 
Other challenges I hope to enter... 
***Please note that if the word verification appears, ignore it and simply click the 'publish' button*** 

Well guys, that is it for this one. It is a going to be a couple crazy busy days for me--the DT Delights post for the Path of Positivity comes out tomorrow and the midway for Scribbles, and the newest challenges for the Path of Positivity AND the 12 Months of Christmas come out MondayPlus there are some cards I need to be working on as well AND I want to get as many more mailouts as I can for the 12 Days of Christmas done!  Oy vey, the ends of the month/beginning of a next is a tough one for me but I'm sure I'll get there with a wing and a prayer.  

Until next time,

10 comments:

Ardilla said...

Hi, Lisa!
Your card is beautiful!
Thanks for sharing the info about google and the followers, I also thought it was me saying wrong stuff that caused people to leave me :(
Hugs,
Ardilla

Four11Lady said...

Another cutie! I hope you get everything done that you have to do...Cannot give you a wing BUT I can give you a prayer. LOL

Imke said...

Super sweet card, Lisa and i like your coloring of the "Cozy Kittens". Thanks for joining our FREE Stamp of the Month January 2016 Challenge @ From the Heart Stamps !

Granmargaret said...

Lovely cute card.

Donna said...

Lisa, this is so cute. I love those little kittens. Have you ever done a tutorial on how to digitally paper piece. I'd love to know how to do that. (in your spare time, wink, wink!) So glad you joined in the challenge.

Lori m said...

Very pretty, adorable little kittens and pretty snowflake paper, hugs, Lori m

Wilma said...

You mentioned that you digitally paper-pieced these adorable kittens. I love it! I've done paper-piecing on cards before, but I'm just getting started with digital stamps. Do you use a special program?

Wilma said...

Thanks for the info, Lisa. I have PhotoShop 11, so I'll start playing around with it.

Cara said...

The Google issues sucks doesn't it? Lost followers at both my place and TTCRD so it's affecting a lot of people :O(
Anyway ... here I am running late - again... seems to me the new norm for these days. Love this card! That images is adorable and the layout is awesome.
Thanks for sharing!
(Hugs) Cara
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

Edwina said...

I love this adorable Kitty card. The paper you created and used is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown