Hello and happy February first! It is a busy day for me and right now it is time for the midway for the latest Scribbles Designs Challenge to get started.
There are two whole weeks left for you to come on over and enter. In case you've missed it, the theme this time around for Challenge #37, is Have A Heart! Do any of you remember the old song by Eddie Fisher called 'Heart'? Of course, I personally wasn't around in 1955 when it came out but I definitely remember it on the airwaves, especially during the old Saturday night radio shows in the 80s that focused on music from the 50s and 60s. The first two lines of the song which are repeated often throughout, are:
"You've gotta have heart, All you really need is heart"
Well, with Valentine's Day around the corner, we thought that this challenge would be the perfect occasion to create a project with a heart or hearts featured in a prominent way. The heart could be the whole image itself, or just part of it, part of the papers you use or they could show up in your embellishments. "You've gotta have heart, All you really need is heart!" We look forward to seeing what form yours takes!
Entering is super simple! You do not need to use a Scribbles Designs image; however, if you do, your name gets entered into the draw twice. You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE or you can also find one for a limited time on the challenge blog HERE. Also, be sure to check out our special Freebie Friday posts as it is another great way to build your Scribbles Designs collection. You can find the rest of the rules and information regarding winners in the sidebar on the challenge blog. You have until 9pm PST on February 14th to come over and play with us.
Here is my card and all the details...
- This card has been created 100% digitally and then layered in a poster mockup (courtesy of Design Bolts). I will print it out and assemble it a later date.
Digital Image Details:
- Handcut Heart (Free): Such a cool image. Please click on the name to find this image in the SD store and it is available for FREE!
Digital Sentiment Details:
- Another great sentiment created by Paulette from Create with TLC. For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store.
- I coloured part of the sentiment red to match my project.
- I have applied shadow layer styles to give certain elements some depth. These styles are courtesy of Sheila Reid.
Digital Paper Products:
- The paper used as a base is from my Gitteratti 1 Patterned Papers Kit.
Challenges I am hoping to enter...
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://ttcrd.blogspot.ca/ (2E) -- Always Anything Goes (1st entry)
- http://stampartpapel.com/category/comunidad/ -- Anything Goes
- http://yourscrapbookplace.blogspot.ca/ (2E) -- Always Anything Goes (3rd entry)
- http://kraftinkimmiestamps.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://inspirationdestinationchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Always Anything Goes
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. Don't forget, there are still two weeks left to enter the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Until next time,
Until next time,