Hello and a very happy Monday to you all. Today marks the start of the newest challenge over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog.
This time around, for Challenge #38, the theme is Freebie Friday Challenge! This month will mark the 2nd year anniversary of the popular Freebie Friday on the Scribbles Design Challenge Blog. Over the last two years Sam and Sandy and recently now Lisa, have hosted this special weekly post giving out approximately 105 freebies!!! Of course that isn't including the freebies that Sandy generously gives out each month when a new challenge starts. So, for this challenge we want you to create a project that includes a past Scribbles Designs Freebie Friday image. To find them all, simply check out the archives and look for the title 'Freebie Friday' each month. Most tell you what the nature of the freebie is right in the title of the post. For example, the post from last Friday is called "Freebie Friday: Hugs Digi Paper". You can also find past Freebie Friday images by clicking on Freebie Friday in the label section. If you are new to the challenge blog this is a great opportunity to go through some past posts and start your Scribbles Designs stash. We can't wait to see what you create but don't forget to tell us which past Freebie Friday image you have used somewhere in your post.
Generally, in order to participate in our challenges you do not need to use a Scribbles Designs image on your project. HOWEVER for this challenge, due to the nature of the challenge you must use an SD image, specifically a past Freebie Friday image, as that is our theme this month. Additionally, you need to follow all the other rules that have been established for our particular challenge blog. You can find them, along with the prize information, listed in the right hand sidebar of the challenge blog. This challenge will end at 9pm PST on March 14th.
The Freebie that I have chosen to work with is from the most recent Freebie Friday post--the Hugs Digi Paper.
You can find this freebie on the challenge blog or also in the store by clicking HERE.
I have chosen to pair it with another of Sandy's great images...
#044 Hugs Quote
Here are my card and all the details...
- This card has been created 100% digitally and then layered in a poster mockup (courtesy of Design Bolts). I will print it out and assemble it a later date.
- I followed an old sketch from From the Heart Stamps.
Digital Image Details:
- Hugs Digi Paper & #044 Hugs Quote: Details above. Please click on the name or watermark to find this image in the SD store.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- This wonderful sentiment was created by Paulette from Create with TLC. For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for more awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store.
- The shapes in behind the sentiments are just basic shapes created in Photoshop Elements.
- I have applied shadow layer styles to give certain elements some depth. These styles are courtesy of Sheila Reid.
Challenges I am hoping to enter...
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://lilpatchofcraftyfriends.blogspot.com.au (3E) *handmade* -- Anything Goes
- http://stampartpapel.com/category/comunidad/ -- Anything Goes
- more to be added...
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. You have an entire month to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Until next time,
Until next time,