Hello and a very happy Saturday to you all. Today marks the start of the newest challenge over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog. While, I'm running rather late in the day, at least it is still the same day for this particular post.
This time around, for Challenge #46, the theme is Fabulous Fall! Here in many parts of North America and in other locations throughout the world, fall is officially upon us. This is such a fabulous time of year. First, not only are we able to enjoy the splendour of autumn with fun activities such as: jumping in piles of leaves, picking apples in the local orchard then making home-made cider and pies, going for walks in the woods to see the beautiful colours of the leaves as they change, picking pine cones and attending harvest fests; there is also the wonder and fun of Hallowe'en to explore: making home-made costumes, bobbing for apples, costume pageants, parties and more. Additionally, while Thanksgiving has just passed for those of us in Canada, it has yet to hit in the US. With all these wonderful events taking place, the fall provides a bounty of ideas to choose from. So, for this challenge create a project that focuses on one or more of the many aspects of fall. Allow the beauty of the season to shine through in your creation. Whether you decide to create a Thanksgiving card, a Hallowe'en one, or just a card celebrating the splendour of the season, we leaf it up to you!
In order to participate in our challenges you DO NOT NEED TO USE A SCRIBBLES DESIGNS IMAGE on your project but you must follow the monthly theme and the other rules that have been established for our particular challenge blog. You can find them, along with the prize information, listed in the right hand sidebar of the challenge blog. This challenge will end at 9pm PST on November 14th.
You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE and there is a free image over on the challenge blog as well to help get you started. Also, be sure to check out the special Freebie Friday posts as it is another great way to build your Scribbles Designs collection.
Here are my card and all the details..
- This card has been created 100% digitally and then layered in a Mock Up (courtesy of Frisk Shop). I will print it out and assemble it at a later date.
Digital Image Details:
- #F 50 Leaves (Free): Please click on the name to find this free image in the SD store.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- Both of these sentiments were created by Paulette from Create with TLC. For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store.
- I coloured both digitally to match the colours of the image.
- The shapes used for matting on the front and inside are basic shapes created in Photoshop Elements. I have altered them with a layer style from HG Designs to give the shapes a bit of texture.
- The shadows to give each element some depth were created with a layer style, are from Sheila Reid, Pixel Scrapper.
Digital Paper Products:
- I used a free paper I made under the Scribble Doodle Designs label. You can find the Leaves Digi Paper HERE.
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://stampartpapel.com/category/comunidad/ -- Anything Goes
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. You have an entire month to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Until next time,
Until next time,