Hello and happy October 1st! It is time for the midway for the latest Scribbles Designs Challenge to get started. While I normally don't have the time to create regularly for the challenge any more, I did have a fun idea I wanted to share this month that actually corresponds to yesterday's freebie. This week we are offering up a cute Mosquito (#F 126). You can find the freebie over in my Freebie Friday post by clicking HERE or this image can also be found in the store HERE. I thought that this image would be great for our monthly challenge.
There are two whole weeks left for you to come on over and enter. In case you've missed it, the theme this time around for Challenge #45, is Woodland Creatures! In the beautiful woodlands that surround us, you can find many interesting creatures if you are patient and look hard enough. Close observation reveals an entire world rife with activity and life. Many choose to remain hidden but life abounds all the same! Mice, chipmunks, rabbits, hedgehogs, skunks, foxes, deer, squirrels, owls, and moose are but to name a few! This challenge we'd like to see a project featuring one of the common creatures or more that live in the wooded areas that surround you. Our woodlands are filled with many fascinating creatures, which one will you choose!
Entering is super simple! You do not need to use a Scribbles Designs image; however, if you do, your name gets entered into the draw twice. You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE or you can also find one for a limited time on the challenge blog HERE. Also, be sure to check out our special Freebie Friday posts as it is another great way to build your Scribbles Designs collection. You can find the rest of the rules and information regarding winners in the sidebar on the challenge blog. You have until 9pm PST on October 14th to come over and play with us.
Here is my card and all the details...
- This card has been created 100% digitally and then layered in a Mock Up (courtesy of Frisk Shop). I will print it out and assemble it a later date.
- Okay, so maybe a mosquito isn't what one might normally think of when it comes to woodland creatures but it is in fact a creature that absolutely LOVES the woods so I figured, why not?!
- #F 126 Mosquito: As usual, I love any image I get to have pun with. If you click on the name you can find this image in the store. You can also click HERE to find it in my Freebie Friday post.
- This image was coloured digitally. Credits include:
- clouds pattern courtesy of Webtreats.Inc
Digital Sentiment Details:
- The sentiment was created by Paulette from Create with TLC. For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store.
- I coloured it digitally to match the colours of the image.
- I have used three papers from Kristy's new Woodlands Papers digi paper set available at the Imagine That! Digistamp store. Click on the preview below to find the set in the store.
- The shape used for matting are basic shapes created in Photoshop Elements.
- The shadows to give certain elements some depth were created with a layer style, from Sheila Reid, Pixel Scrapper.
Challenges I am hoping to enter...
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://stampartpapel.com/category/comunidad/ -- Anything Goes
- http://kraftinkimmiestamps.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://inspirationdestinationchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Always Anything Goes
So, remember to mark you calendars every Friday to head on over to the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog to grab the latest freebie up for grabs. Don't forget, you can find the Mosquito from September 30th's post HERE. It is a great way to add to your SD digi stamp collection. Remember, when you use an SD image on a project that you enter into our monthly challenges, you get extra entries! That is a great incentive to use one of Sandy's images. Why not this one?
Also, be sure to put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. You have two whole weeks left to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Well that is it for this post. I'll see you all later.
Until next time,