It is time for the next challenge over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog.
This month for Challenge #23, the theme is Penguin Paradise. In many parts of North America right now the weather has significantly cooled and some places have even seen snow. I certainly have where I live! That makes this month the perfect time to honour Scribbles Designs' much beloved character, Brr and his family--wife Brrneice and baby Brr. Did you know that Brr was the first main character that Sandy created? He's had a lot of adventures during the years and he has earned his time in the spotlight. So, this month we want to see any kind of penguin on your creation. It is high time, Brr and the family meet some of the other penguins out there in digital land. We can't wait to see your cool creations!
In order to participate in our challenges you DO NOT NEED TO USE A SCRIBBLES DESIGNS IMAGE on your project but you must follow the monthly theme and the other rules that have been established for our particular challenge blog. You can find them, along with the prize information, listed in the right hand sidebar of the challenge blog. This challenge will end at 9pm PST on December 14th.
You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE and there is a free image over on the challenge blog as well to help get you started. Also, be sure to check out the special Freebie Friday posts as it is another great way to build your Scribbles Designs collection.
To help inspire you, I've created a get well card using Speedy Brrr. This particular image was introduced in the store, in its very first month in business! A friend of mine recently had a fall where she injured herself quite badly and I thought Speedy Brrr might cheer her up.
Here are my card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything important...
- Ummm...apparently I forgot to wear my glasses when colouring this image. It was only when I was getting the picture ready to post that I realized that I went over in a couple spots. Ooops.
- Apparently, I forgot to wear my brain as well since I've left Brrr hanging there with no ground to run on. Double Ooops! Hmmm...maybe he is running so fast he is flying?
Digital Image Details:
- Speedy Brrr: Hee, hee. Someone's getting his exercise on! Clicking on the watermark below will take you to its location within the store. This image was coloured in with Copic markers.
- One I created specifically for this card.
- I used a Recollection's punch to achieve the edging on the accent piece on the front of the card.
- This wonderful sentiment is from my Create with TLC stash. I've used it before and am sure I will use it again. Click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and HERE to go to the store. You can purchase this image as part of the "Get Well, Hang in There" set, available in the Get Well section of the store. Clicking on the watermark below will take you to that section of the store.
- Card, image and sentiment base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- Designer paper is from Recollection's Bright and Basic paper pad.
- The shimmery yellow piece used as an accent on the front and as matting on the inside is Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://artbymiranchallenge.blogspot.ca/-- Anything Goes (no digital colouring)
- http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://fussyandfancychallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Pairs or Two of a Kind (there are a pair of running shoes and two white buttons that are the same)
- http://inkyimpressionschallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Animals
- http://artimpressionsstamps.blogspot.ca/ -- Zoo or Animals
- http://milkcoffeechallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Hand Coloured Image (Brrr has been completely coloured by hand using Copic markers)
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. You have an entire month to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Until next time,
Until next time,