Monday, February 23, 2015

Card Design: A Purrfect Birthday with Nicecrane Designs

http://nicecranedesigns.com/
Hello!  I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend.  Today I had a dental appointment so it is a good thing that I can type and don't have to talk or you'd definitely have a hard time understanding since I had to have two separate freezings.  Talking about freezing, I hope you are no where near as cold as I am.  The hubs was kind to me and stopped for hot chocolate on the way home.  I was soooooo cold and after an hour of being back home my poor little toes still haven't thawed out.  With the wind-chill factor making the temperature feel like it is in the lower minus 30s Celsius, it is no wonder.  Hopefully I'll warm up soon.  Typing should help!

Today I am posting a special card that I have created using an image from the Nursery Lamp collage sheet from Nicecrane Designs The reason it is special is that it is meant for the most important woman in my life:  my momma.  Unfortunately, my momma became quite ill last week from the flu or a virus and it took an awful lot out of her.  In fact she ended up passing out twice.  Then, my poor father picked it up.  I hate being so far away and knowing there is no one to take care of them during times like this.  Thankfully though they are both on their way to recovery.
  
FRONT
Digital Image Details:
  • Nursery Lamp CS:  For this card I used the image you see in the middle of the preview below.  My momma loves cats, so this was the purrfect choice for my card.  Click on the name or the watermark below to take you to its location in the store.
http://nicecranedesigns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=129&products_id=1273
Embellishments:
  • The half pearls are Crafts brand and were purchased at Dollarama.

INSIDE

OVERALL
Digital Sentiment Details:
  • Both of these sentiments were created by Paulette from Create with TLC.  The first one is from a new set that I acquired called, Sweet Sentiments, Birthday Digi Set.  You can find it in the store by clicking on the preview below.  The sentiment I used on the inside is a freebie that I picked up a while back.  For more great freebies, click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and to purchase other sets, click HERE to go to the store.
http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product_view/tlc4lo/4889757/sweet_sentiments_birthday_digi_set/design/digital_art_/other
Paper Products:
  • Card base and matting behind sentiment: Ummmm...it was downstairs in my stash so I can't remember if it is from a Recollection's set or Crafts brand.  Sorry about that.
  • Image and sentiment bases:  Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
  • Designer paper is from the Recollection's Paisley and Damask paper pad.
 Challenges I am hoping to enter...
Before I go...
Once again I thought I would share another wonderful set available at Nicecrane's Designs.  Sticking with the theme of children, I wanted to show you this adorable Sunbonnet Babies set.  This is a digital stamp sheet so you will receive black and white digi stamps.  I'm hoping to be creating a card with a Sunbonnet Baby from a different set very soon.  They are just so cute.  Be sure to go and check them out while you are at the store (c
lick on image below to head to its location).
http://nicecranedesigns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=129&products_id=1302
Don't forget, to stay current on ALL the latest releases and to check out the fabulous inspiration from my fellow DT members, be sure to head over to the Nicecrane Designs blog.

I am so happy that you had a chance to pop by and check out my latest creation.  If things go as planned I should be back tomorrow with my latest Imagine That post, then it will be time for the next Wonderful Wednesday creation so I better get moving.


Until next time,

11 comments:

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card Lisa. Hope your parents are better soon and also that you recover from your dentist visit.
I broke a tooth last week so I had a visit to the dentist this morning also.

Michelle said...

This is so sweet. Lovely colours an image.
Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
Hope we see you again a next challenge.
xxx Michelle (DT)

Nicecrane Designs said...

sooo cute,,,,so cutee,,, so cuteeee Lisa,,,,love the words,,,,,,using PURRRR and the image youo used is abslutely so adorable very well done my friend,

Lisa Mensing said...

Thank you for joining us at Eureka! Stamps. Your card is so pretty with that vintage feel. Gorgeous. Hope you join us again.

Lisa Minckler said...

OMG!!! I love the sunbonnet babies.....so stinking CUTE! :)

Bimba said...

This is adorable! I love the image and the colors you have used! Thank you for joining us at the Crazy Challenges!

Unknown said...

Nicely done! Great image! Thanks for joining us @ Red Rubber Inspirationals!
Drea

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Wonderful card!!! Thank you for joining the Red Rubber Inspirational this week! Lynda - DT Champion Red Rubber Designs

Edwina said...

Lisa, This card is so precious! I love that image. All the images in this set is wonderful. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Tanvi said...

This is fabulous! TFS at Craft your Passion#250. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card! I totally love the design and color combination. I'm simply awed. I wish I could get as beautiful as this birthday wishes card on my birthday. Cheers!