It is the start of a new month and that means that it is time for the midway for the latest Scribbles Designs Challenge.
There are two whole weeks left for you to come on over and enter. In case you've missed it, the theme this time around for Challenge #26, is 'Clean & Simple'. There are many different kinds of card making styles and clean and simple is one of them. However, not everyone sees clean and simple the same way. For some it might mean an uncluttered design with lots of white space, for others it might be a very simple layout but with a few embellishments here and there. For the purposes of our challenge this month, we'd like to see a very simple layout with either a minimum of embellishments or none at all, allowing the focus of your creation to be a well coloured image. Bring on the white space and show us what you've got.
Entering is super simple! You do not need to use a Scribbles Designs image; however, if you do, your name gets entered into the draw twice. You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE or you can also find one for a limited time on the challenge blog HERE. Also, be sure to check out our special Freebie Friday posts as it is another great way to build your Scribbles Designs collection. You can find the rest of the rules and information regarding winners in the sidebar on the challenge blog. You have until 9pm PST on March 14th to come over and play with us.
- I found a really great idea that inspired me over on the Case This Sketch blog some time in the last few months. Donna (one of the DT) had created a neat card for Challenge 91 I believe, although she had changed it up a bit. I really liked what she had done so did something very similar in mine.
- I was inspired by the background she had which appeared to have splotches of some nature all in the same colour. I'm guessing they were added on with some medium, I just don't know what. However, it inspired me to use one of the Photoshop paint splatter brushes I have, that I've never used. This card also afforded me the opportunity to use some more washi tapes. I ended up using the paint drip brush in varying sizes and matched the colours to the ones in the tape. It worked perfectly to create a really clean and simple background for our midway challenge.
Digital Image Details:
- Hoot: This adorable little owl is currently a freebie over at Scribbles Designs. You can find it by clicking on the name. Be sure to leave Sandy some love if you grab it.
- I've coloured it in with Copic markers and fussy cut it out. While you can't really tell, I used pop dots to give it a bit of dimension.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- I love a play on words and thankfully I managed to pair up a great image with a great sentiment, courtesy of Paulette from Create with TLC. For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for more awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store.
- The washi tape is Crafts brand and was purchased at Dollarama.
- Card base, image and sentiment bases: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- Matting is cardstock from Michael's openstock scrapbook paper.
***Please note that if the word verification appears, ignore it and simply click the 'publish' button**
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Always Anything Goes
- http://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Always Anything Goes
- http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes (card)
- http://themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ --Make your Own Background Paper (As I mentioned under 'general info', I created the background on the front using a paint drip brush in Photoshop)
- http://digichoosday.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://carabbiemomentsofcraft.blogspot.co.uk -- Anything Goes with Optional Twist: Paper Piecing
- http://craftcreatoins.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://kraftinkimmiestamps.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://ttcrd.blogspot.ca (2E)-- Anything Goes (2nd entry)
- http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/-- Anything Goes
- http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://artbymiranchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes with hand coloured image
- http://littlemissmuffetchallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Birthday
- http://meljensdesignsdt.blogspot.ca/ -- Seeing Spots (there are small spots on the card base itself and larger ones in the washi tape)
- http://seizethebirthday.blogspot.ca/ -- Birthday
- http://pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Clean and Simple
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. There is still plenty of time to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Until next time,
Until next time,