I can't believe that I haven't posted a card for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up since July! I swear I'm doing less but apparently not! The midway was posted last night and now I'm going to show you the Christmas card I made for my Poppa. Unfortunately a medical appt. took up quite a bit of time yesterday so I didn't get the chance to post it then. Sometimes, it is a good thing to be the boss.
Before I start I wanted to let you all know that we have a DT Call going on right now. Would you be a good fit with The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up? Joining the team would allow you to get a great start working on your Christmas card stash for 2016 and if you like playing with digital papers you can add a minimum of six to your collection each month you are with us, plus at least one digi image each month from our fabulous sponsors. At the end of a six month term you'd amass a minimum of 36 digi papers and six + images. Stay a year and you earn double that--72 Christmas themed digi papers and 12 + images. How's that for incentive?! If you are interested, please click HERE for all the details.
As far as the challenge goes, don't forget that this link up is basically two-fold. First of all, you have the opportunity to link up any number of Christmas and December holiday themed cards throughout the month with an anything goes theme. At the end of each month, every person who has linked up a MINIMUM of two (2) Christmas or holiday themed cards will be eligible to receive a specially designed Christmas themed digital paper created by moi. That means that if you submit two cards each month, by the time that the year is done, you will have received 12 free digital papers, all for the low cost of linking up cards you need to create anyway. You do not need to use the digital paper you receive each month in your cards in order to get the next paper. They are strictly meant as incentive to participate.
While team members had the option of working with any of my Décosse's Dynamite Doodles papers, I did create a special set called Santa Claus is Coming to Town, based on the theme for this challenge. Check out the preview...
Everyone who links up a minimum of two cards during the month of December will earn ONE of the digital papers from this set. The specific paper up for grabs will be shown during the winner announcement post. If you would like to have a say in determining which paper will be offered, you can answer the poll we've set up in the sidebar on the top right hand side of The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up blog.
The second part of the challenge provides even more incentive to play. Each month there will be an OPTIONAL theme to follow. This month the optional theme is Santa Claus is Coming to Town. In order to have a chance to win the prize from our wonderful guest sponsor this month, we want to see a Santa image somewhere on your card. Now we are looking to see the big old jolly guy himself, no Santa substitutes please (i.e. no Santa frogs, Santa mice, Santa children, etc). Whether it is part of your image, part of your paper or just an embellishment, it is up to you. You can find more details over on the Challenge #12 post. You can find that post and the link up by clicking HERE.
Also, be sure to check out all the rules and details on the Challenge Details Page. We have provided examples of a few different scenarios to help explain things and make them a bit clearer, in case there is any confusion.
This month our wonderful guest sponsor is Rick St. dennis...
Check out the great image I got to work with this month for the midway of the challenge...
Cocoa and Cookies Santa
Click on the watermark above to find this image in the RFDS store.
This latest card makes...
Christmas Cards to date for 2015: 30...and here it is...
- This card has been created digitally and then printed. The embellishments were added and then it was assembled.
Digital Image Details:
- Cocoa and Cookies Santa: Details and link above. The image was coloured in and grounded with Copic Markers. The ground itself was added with coloured pencils.
- The little red snowflakes are Crafts brand and were purchased at Dollarama.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- The top sentiment was created by Paulette from Create with TLC. You can purchase it in the "Naughty or Nice, Too Late?" Christmas Word Art Set. I've linked the watermark below to go to its location in the store. For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for more awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store.
- The sentiment on the bottom is from the Snowman with Tree Hat set created by Kris. Click on the watermark below to find it in the Imagine That...Digis by Kris store.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
Digital Paper Products:
- I used one of the papers from the set shown above plus one from last month's set, Glitteratti Set 1. If anyone is interested in purchasing either of these sets, just let me know and I'll add them to the store.
- The shapes used for matting in behind the image, paper, and sentiment are simple shapes created in Photoshop Elements and paper pieced with the paper from the Glitteratti Set 1.
- The shadows to give each element some depth were created with a layer style from Sheila Reid, with Pixel Scrapper.
Challenges I am hoping to enter...
- http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ -- Always Anything Goes
- http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Always Anything Goes: Christmas
- http://kraftinkimmiestamps.blogspot.ca/ -- Wonderful Wednesdays: Always Anything Goes
- http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/ --Any Holiday
- http://christmascardchallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Optional Colour Theme or Anything Goes Christmas
- http://scrappers-delights-challenge-blog.blogspot.co.uk/ (UL) -- Always Anything Goes
- http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes Christmas
- http://artbymiranchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes (hand coloured)
- http://christmasatsweetstampinchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Father Christmas
- http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Happy Holidays
- http://carabbiemomentsofcraft.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes with the Optional Theme of...Traditional Christmas
- http://freshbreweddesigns.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes Christmas
- http://themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Christmas or Seasonal Greetings
- http://craftybootschallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Christmas
- http://incywincydesigns.blogspot.ca/ -- Christmas: Make it funny (the funny is a combo of the image and sentiment on the inside)
So what are you waiting for? It is time to link up your Christmas and other holiday cards for December. Whether you choose to link up two Anything Goes themed cards simply to earn your free paper this month, or you choose to also follow the theme to have a chance at the sponsor's prize, it is completely up to you! Cards for this challenge will be accepted from 6:00 p.m. (18:00 hrs), December 1st - 11:55 p.m. (23:55 hrs), December 31st, 2015. You can find out all the details for this challenge including the link up by heading HERE. Monica, I and the design team hope to see you there!
Until next time!
Until next time!