Happy December 1st!!! Just one more month left in the year. I still have things I haven't done that I was supposed to LAST December, never mind this one! But time stops for no one right?! Well, since it is the start of a new month that also means that it is time for the midway for the latest Scribbles Designs Challenge to get started.
There are two whole weeks left for you to come on over and enter. In case you've missed it, the theme this time around for Challenge #35, is Christmas: Non Traditional Colours! While Christmas is knows for its bright reds, brilliant greens and sparkling golds and silvers, there are many other wonderful colours that can represent Christmas just as beautifully. This month we'd like to see a Christmas themed creation using non traditional colours. It is time to bring out the blues, pinks, purples or other non-traditional colour palettes and give your Christmas project a different kind of hue.
Entering is super simple! You do not need to use a Scribbles Designs image; however, if you do, your name gets entered into the draw twice. You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE or you can also find one for a limited time on the challenge blog HERE. Also, be sure to check out our special Freebie Friday posts as it is another great way to build your Scribbles Designs collection. You can find the rest of the rules and information regarding winners in the sidebar on the challenge blog. You have until 9pm PST on December 14th to come over and play with us.
Here is my card and all the details...
- I really like longer and skinnier cards so this one is 7 in. by 3 in. The snowflake image I used was perfect for this kind of layout idea. I have something similar coming out on Friday as well.
- Once again I have used one of Sandy's freebies. There are soooo many to choose from. Don't forget that when you use a SD image to enter the challenge, your odds are better of winning!
- This card was created digitally and then printed and assembled.
Digital Image Details:
- #F 76 Snowflake (Free): Love this funky snowflake! Since I have used a free image there is no watermark available so simply click on the name to find this image in the SD store.
- I coloured the image in with a Photoshop layer style and triplicated it. I used Instaglam resources purchased as part of a bundle. The original designer's name is Jessica Johnson and you can purchase it HERE.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- For the inside, I have used two different sentiments, both created by Paulette from Create with TLC. The smaller Happy Holidays one, can be purchased in the "Happy Holiday Season" Vintage Image Transfer and Word Art Set. I've linked the watermark below to go to its location in the store. The larger one was a freebie I picked up a while back. For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for more awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's cardstock, white.
Digital Paper Products:
- The blue glitter digital paper is from my Glitteratti 1 mini Patterned Papers set.
Digital Embellishment Details:
- The shape used for matting in behind the image and sentiment were created with basic shapes in Photoshop Elements.
- The shadows to give each element some depth were created with layer styles from Sheila Reid, Pixel Scrapper.
Challenges I am hoping to enter...
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://lilpatchofcraftyfriends.blogspot.com.au (3E) *handmade* -- Anything Goes
- http://whimsyinspires.blogspot.ca/ (3E) -- Anything Goes Holiday (3rd entry)
- http://stampartpapel.com/category/comunidad/ -- Anything Goes
- http://sparklesforumchristmaschallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- ???
- http://christmascardchallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes: Christmas
- http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes: Christmas
- http://christmasblogchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Add Some Sparkle and Bling (it might be digital but is is still glittery and sparkly!)
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. You have an entire month to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Until next time,
Until next time,