Today I have a two in one post for you. Not only is it Friday and time for some Freebie Friday inspiration over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, but today also marks the midway for our current challenge.
First up here is a refresher on what our challenge is all about...
There are two whole weeks left for you to come on over and enter. In case you've missed it, the theme this time around for Challenge #39, is A Song in My Heart! Have you ever had a song stuck in your head? I certainly have. It happens all the time to me. In fact, the 'you've got to have heart' song from the January challenge is STILL rattling around in my poor brain. This challenge we have decided that we would like to see a project based on a song. Whether it is based on the title of the song or some of the lyrics, that is totally up to you. Show us the song in your heart and the melody of your soul! Don't forget to let us know the name of the song that inspired you somewhere in your post. We look forward to singing along with you and getting more songs stuck in our heads.
Entering is super simple! You do not need to use a Scribbles Designs image; however, if you do, your name gets entered into the draw twice. You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE or you can also find one for a limited time on the challenge blog HERE. Also, be sure to check out our special Freebie Friday posts as it is another great way to build your Scribbles Designs collection. You can find the rest of the rules and information regarding winners in the sidebar on the challenge blog. You have until 9pm PST on April 14th to come over and play with us.
Now talking about Freebie Friday posts...
This time around we're offering up a cute little butterfly (#F1112)--perfect to help start getting us in the mindset of spring for those of us on the northern side of the equator! You can find the freebie over in my Freebie Friday post by clicking HERE or this image can also be found in the store HERE.
- So, since I'm making this work for our current challenge, the song that inspired me is Bob Lind's Elusive Butterfly. If you'd like to check out the lyrics, you can click HERE.
- This card has been created 100% digitally and then layered in a poster mockup (courtesy of Design Bolts). I will print it out and assemble it a later date.
Digital Image Details:
- #F1112 Butterfly 2: A cute image perfect to help usher in spring or use for another purpose. If you click on the name you can find this image in the store. You can also click HERE to find it in my Freebie Friday post.
- This image was coloured digitally and altered with a layer style (details below).
Digital Embellishment Details:
- I have used a combination of basic shapes and an edge template to create the border on the bottom. The edge template was purchased from Marisa Lerin, Pixel Scrapper.
- I have used a pearl accent element from Elif Sahin, also with Pixel Scrapper. Additionally, I have used a layer style on the border and also the image, from Elif as well.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- This sweet sentiment was created by Paulette from Create with TLC. For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store.
- I have used basic shapes in Photoshop Elements to create matting in behind the sentiment.
- I have applied shadow layer styles to give certain elements some depth. These styles were designed by Sheila Reid, Pixel Scrapper.
Digital Paper Products:
- I used a digi paper also from Create with TLC.
Challenges I am hoping to enter...
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- ttp://ttcrd.blogspot.ca/ (2E) -- Always Anything Goes
- http://stampartpapel.com/category/comunidad/ -- Anything Goes
- http://kraftinkimmiestamps.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://inspirationdestinationchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Always Anything Goes
So if you'd like to join our challenge, put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. Don't forget, there are still two weeks left to enter the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Also, don't forget to mark you calendars every Friday to head on over to the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog to grab the latest freebie up for grabs. Don't forget, you can find the Butterfly from April 1st's post HERE. It is a great way to add to your SD digi stamp collection. Remember, when you use an SD image on a project that you enter into our monthly challenges, you get extra entries! That is a great incentive to use one of Sandy's images. Why not this one?
Well that is it for this post. Time to get more items checked off my 'to do' list.
Until next time,