Friday, June 14, 2013

Computer Woes Update


Just a quick update on my lovely computer situation. 
 
AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

Okay, now that that is out of the way, I can tell you that things are not going
so well.  In an attempt to get everything back up to par, things have gone down hill fast.  Last night the web browser kept shutting down with no warning whatsoever.  It would be up and running one minute and poof, it would be gone in the next.  The virus security kept going off, every time I would try to do something it would say the computer didn't have the resources to complete the function, and oh, I lost my sound.  Today we lost the network connection which meant no internet at all and still had to contend with all the issues from last night.


Now before we take it to the nice computer doctor who wants $100 just to fix it (money that we can't really afford to spend on this but will have to if it comes to it), the MAN is going to try and scrub the system clean and try and restart from scratch.  I have managed to save all but my email from one of my personal accounts.  I can't even get into what I've lost there because I'll just start crying.

So for now I have bundled up all my external data drives and am working from the MAN'S system.  The problem with this system is that the Internet isn't consistently available--his system needs a good overhaul as well.

Now, unfortunately this means that I may not be able to publish everything when I am supposed to.   I am hoping to get my regular monthly post for Scribbles done as soon as I finish this letter to all of you.  I have my Digi Darla Post all set to go for Monday morning.  I am hoping to get my Fresh Brewed, Creative Bug and San's Designs Posts done later tonight so that at least I won't have to worry about them.  However, that is a big bite to chew when it is already 8:30 pm, and we've yet to eat dinner.

I just wanted to let you know what was going on in case you guys don't see anything from me for a few days or have emailed me and am wondering why I am not responding.  I promise to get to you as soon as I can.  I've already lost three days to this nonsense and am now even more behind but I can't go there either or another cascade of tears will fall.

I hope all of you guys are having a better week than I have so far.  However, things could be much worse and all this really is, is an inconvenience and nothing more.  It is all about perspective.  At least that is what I keep telling myself.  Sooner or later I am apt to start believing it.

Stay well everyoneWish me luck that this all works out and soon!

Until.....



 

4 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

oh my world....how totally awful! I really hope this gets resolved soon!!!

Desire Fourie said...

Lisa this is horrible and I really feel for you. Just take it a day at a time. And dont worry, your readers are going nowhere.
{I would love you to take part in my 600 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Karon said...

Oh no - hope you are able to get things sorted out soon! Hugs, Karon.

Jennifer said...

Lisa, this is so awful, I hope that you get things sorted quickly. There is nothing worse than when you don't have your internet and it keeps shutting you out. Hugs, Jen :-) x
Krafty Keepsakes