Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Card Design: Ike's World Challenge #11...Tic Tac Toe

Good morning everyone. It is time to introduce the latest challenge over at Ike's World. The theme for the next two weeks is Tic Tac Toe.  So this is your opportunity to choose the three elements in a row that you'd like to work with the most.  Here are you choices...

You can join in Ike's challenge with a creation using any kind of medium or style but remember that in order to qualify to win the prize you MUST use an Ike's Art image. If you don't already have an image and would like to purchase one, check out all the awesome ones available in the store by clicking HERE. Ike has an amazing and varied selection to choose from and you are sure to find something to suit your needs. There is also a freebie available over on the challenge blog that you can use to enter the challenge. However, please be respectful of the artist's rights and do not post, pin or share the image with anyone else. If you know some people who might like it, send them over to the challenge blog so they can pick it up for themselves.

Check out what I made for this fortnight...

General Information: 
  • For my project I have chosen Stitching, Buttons and Embossing.
  • This creation is for one of my surrogate niece's for Easter.  I'll do one for her sister during an upcoming challenge.
  Image Details: 
  • Crusty Bunny 1:  Hee, hee.  Isn't this image so freakin' cute!  I love all the wonderful images in Ike's line of Krazy Kritterz.  I've used the Shelf Kat image already and now get to use Crusty.  You can find it in the 'Animals' section of the Ike's Art store or by clicking on the watermark below.
    • I have coloured this image with Copic markers. Ears/Cheeks:  R20, R22, R24.  Nose:  C3, C5, C7.  Bunny:  colourless blender, N0, C1, C3.
    • I cut off Crusty's right hand which dismayed the hubs until I told him I'd be gluing it back on after placing the flower.  Then there was a sigh of relief.
Digital  Sentiment: 
  • This is a great sentiment from Tracey Brossart.  Tracey has several available on her blog BrossArt Addiction, so you should check her out if you have the time.
  • Taking a page from Desíre's book, I added chalk to enhance the sentiment.
Lessons Learned:
  • It is time for another lesson learned.  This one is to NOT edge an image in black when it is really tiny and has white next to it.  If you look closely you can see that the sentiment should have a scallop in white on the outer edge.  When I tried to edge it, it bled into the next area and I didn't want to waste it so I just filled it in.  I think it turned out okay.
  • I also added some faux stitching on the inner edge before printing it out to take care of one of the elements of the tic tac toe.
 Paper Products:
  • Both the orange paper and the green one are from Michael's Recollection's cardstock, South Beach Collection. 
 Embellishments: 
  • The button is from my stash, fulfilling the second tic tac toe element. 
Electronic Die Cut Cartridge: 
  • Cricut Create A Critter cartridge.
Embossing Folder: 
  • The flower was embossed with a Cricut, Paper Lace II embossing folder, fulfilling the third tic tac toe element. 
Challenges I am hoping to enter... 
What will you create using one of Ike's wonderful images?  Pop over and play along with us anytime during the next two weeks over at Ike's World Challenges. You can find out everything you need to know in order to play, by heading to the challenge blog.  I've linked the logo below to take you there.  While you are over there, please be sure to check out the incredible creations offered up by some of my fellow DT members and be sure to pop over there again next week when the second team's projects are showcased to help inspire you.
Until next time,

8 comments:

ike said...

Oh, that's really great Lisa. Such a fun card and I just adore the carrot shape :-D
Hugz
IKE xxxxxxxxx

Unknown said...

Crusty Bunny is defiantly cuter than cute, great creation Lisa, I love the big carrot background, the embossing is fab on that flower and I think your scallop turned out just fine inked up. Hugs

Unknown said...

Oh I forgot to mention, I can now visit any blog without all the waiting, I thought about you and the many times you mentioned Firefox and thought I should give it a try...it is like I am living in a new world and I will never go back to IE again , so a big thank you to you!!!!

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

I love the shape of this wonderful creation Ginny x

Karon said...

Fabulous creation Lisa. Love the bunny and your sentiment turned out wonderful! TFS

Maryann Laursen said...

So cute Lisa and I just love the different shape of your card. Awesome job done here.

Desire Fourie said...

Aaah man this is sooo cute. That bunny is really a happy chappie with the gigantic carrot.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Crafting Vicky said...

wooow how cute is this?!? Just love the great shape you have used. very clever of you!!!