Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Card Design: Ike's World Challenge #12...Movie Madness

Good morning everyone.  Unfortunately, due to the circumstances of last week, I didn't get a chance to post about our newest challenge over at Ike's World during my regularly scheduled time last Tuesday. So, I am squeaking in with the B team this week to tell you about our MOVIE MADNESS theme.

Long story short, because we all know I have a tendency to go on and on, this also isn't what I had originally planned for our current theme.  Hopefully, I'll get a chance to still work that card (once I get it done), into a future theme.  For now I am lucky that I already had this image coloured up.  To make another long story short, this image was the one I was originally going to use in my Blog Hop card but at the last minute wanted to change the hair colour to match the colour scheme of the card better and make him paler, so I set this one aside.  Well thankfully I did because it means that I could put this card together for this fortnight's challenge.

My movie you ask?  Well, with a bevy of vampire movies to choose from, the one I went with is the Lost Boys.  There is just something about this vamp.  He could very easily have fit in with that group so well.

Remember, You can join in Ike's challenge with a creation using any kind of medium or style but remember that in order to qualify to win the prize you MUST use an Ike's Art image. You can find some fab ones in the store HERE.  There is also a freebie available over on the challenge blog that you can use to enter the challenge but please be respectful of the artist's rights and do not post, pin or share the image with anyone else. Instead, if you know some people who might like it, send them over to the challenge blog so they can pick it up for themselves.

Here is my project...

FRONT
Image Details: 
  • Vamp: You can find it in the 'My Latest Designs' section of the Ike's Art store or by clicking on the watermark below.

    • I have coloured this image with Copic markers:  E000 and a bit of E00.  Eye and lips: R11, R14, R17.  Hair: E21, E23, E25.
Embellishments: 
  • Red tear drop stones--from Dollarama.  I wanted something that looked like drops of blood.  I think they achieve the look I was going for.

INSIDE  
OVERALL
Digital Sentiment:
  • "Blood...It's in you to give", is a blood bank slogan common here in Ontario.  I'm sure that it is used with other blood bank advertisements as well.  I just thought that paired with the vampire image it made a fun reminder for someone.  I designed it in Publisher.
 Paper Products: 
  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
  • Designer Paper:  Recollection's Bold & Basic Paper Pad.
  • Matting:  Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, black.
Challenges I am hoping to enter...
What will you create using one of Ike's wonderful images?  You still have one week to pop over to Ike's World Challenges and play along with us. You can find out everything you need to know in order to play, by heading to the challenge blog.  I've linked the logo below to take you there.  While you are over there, please be sure to check out the incredible creations offered up by some of my fellow DT members.

Until next time,



6 comments:

ike said...

This is so cool Lisa and you're right - he would fit well into the Lost Boys group :-) I just adore those blood red drops you have on there :-) Super inside too !!

Hugz
IKE xxxxxxxxxxxx

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I will tell you that I am NOT a fan of vampires or vampire movies... however... I LOVE the lost boys. So I guess I can't say I am not a fan, right?! lol!!! I never watch scary movies, but saw that one when I was an older teen. I loved it! I remember hiding through most of the scary parts though, lol... but anyway ;)
Great design, love the 'blood drops'
Have a happy day.
Heather

Maryann Laursen said...

I must admit, that this kind of movies or card is definitely NOT something I like very much, but I can still see, that the card is really great work and you´ve made a wonderful job on it, even I don´t like the theme very much , but as always youve done an outstanding job in making it.

KristyLee said...

Nice job Lisa, and I never thought about it till now, but he does look like he should be in the Lots Boys movie, I so loved that movie, I have watched it a 100 times. Great card inside and out. And those large blood drops are so cool!
Peace,
Kristy

Karon said...

WOW - great card! Love the red gems and that fabulous inside sentiment! TFS

Crafting Vicky said...

This is sooooo fun!!!! Totally adore the sentiment you have added to this awesome guy! The blood shaped pearls are the total perfect embellishment!!!!