Good morning everyone. Unfortunately, due to the circumstances of last week, I didn't get a chance to post about our newest challenge over at Ike's World during my regularly scheduled time last Tuesday. So, I am squeaking in with the B team this week to tell you about our MOVIE MADNESS theme.
Long story short, because we all know I have a tendency to go on and on, this also isn't what I had originally planned for our current theme. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to still work that card (once I get it done), into a future theme. For now I am lucky that I already had this image coloured up. To make another long story short, this image was the one I was originally going to use in my Blog Hop card but at the last minute wanted to change the hair colour to match the colour scheme of the card better and make him paler, so I set this one aside. Well thankfully I did because it means that I could put this card together for this fortnight's challenge.
My movie you ask? Well, with a bevy of vampire movies to choose from, the one I went with is the Lost Boys. There is just something about this vamp. He could very easily have fit in with that group so well.
Remember, You can join in Ike's challenge with a creation using any kind of medium or style but remember that in order to qualify to win the prize you MUST use an Ike's Art image. You can find some fab ones in the store HERE. There is also a freebie available over on the challenge blog that you can use to enter the challenge but please be respectful of the artist's rights and do not post, pin or share the image with anyone else. Instead, if you know some people who might like it, send them over to the challenge blog so they can pick it up for themselves.
Here is my project...
- Vamp: You can find it in the 'My Latest Designs' section of the Ike's Art store or by clicking on the watermark below.
- I have coloured this image with Copic markers: E000 and a bit of E00. Eye and lips: R11, R14, R17. Hair: E21, E23, E25.
- Red tear drop stones--from Dollarama. I wanted something that looked like drops of blood. I think they achieve the look I was going for.
- "Blood...It's in you to give", is a blood bank slogan common here in Ontario. I'm sure that it is used with other blood bank advertisements as well. I just thought that paired with the vampire image it made a fun reminder for someone. I designed it in Publisher.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- Designer Paper: Recollection's Bold & Basic Paper Pad.
- Matting: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, black.
- Scribble and Scrap Crafts -- Anything Goes
- Avenue 613 -- Anything Goes with optional twist
- http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Embossing
- http://leftofcenterchallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes Challenge
- ...more may be added to this list shortly
Until next time,