If you are new to my blog and would like to know why I started Motivational Mondays, please go HERE.
First up I am going to share with you the reflection that I have included as part of the midway post over on my Path of Positivity challenge blog where the theme this month is THOUGHTFULNESS. So, if you are in the habit of checking in over there as well, you'll be able to skip the top half of that post. On with today's thoughts...
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
~Margaret MeadIsn't it amazing when people come together and connect and when the love, compassion and humanity that is a part of all of us, somehow opens up and allows great things to happen? Well, it begins with the actions of being thoughtful, kind, considerate, caring and respectful of others. When we allow ourselves to open up and reflect these actions in our everyday life, the effects can be amazing.
Being thoughtful doesn't take a lot of effort or even money. A simple thank you when someone does something special for you, saying a few kinds words to lift someone's spirits or simply assisting someone out of the goodness of your heart, are all ways you can be thoughtful. As Pat mentioned in her Pondering for this month, "How many times have you commented on a person’s hair style, clothing, artwork or project and seen them stand up taller or beam with delight?". Wouldn't it be wonderful to see more of the people in your world standing a little straighter or lighting up the room with their smile because of simply taking a moment to make a difference in that person's life by doing something thoughtful? The great thing is that not only does your kindness affect that person, but they are more likely to keep spreading the joy to others they meet up with throughout their day. Additionally, being thoughtful on an on-going basis also helps to form and change your own attitude, moulding you into a better version of yourself.
The bottom line is try to be thoughtful wherever, whenever and however you can. You'll be amazed at the difference you see not only in those around you but also within yourself.
_______________________________________________________________Next up I want to show you the card I made for the midway...
Digital Image Details:
- This beautiful image is from our guest sponsor over at the Path of Positivity Challenge this month, Pickled Potpourri Designs. Each member on the team got two sets to work with. The flowers I used on the front of my card are the beautiful Dahlia image. Clicking on the image below will take you to its location in the store.
- The image was coloured with Copic markers. Petals: RV10, RV14, RV15. Leaves and stems: G000, G00, G02. Grounded with BG10 and the colourless blender.
- Half pearls are Crafts brand and were purchased at Dollarama.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- The sentiment is from the pretty set called, Today. I framed it with a floral frame in Publisher before printing it out.
- Card base, Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, Soda Pop collection.
- The strip of floral paper is from K & C Company Designer Paper--Best of...florals collection.
- The card base was embossed using my Cricut, Paper Lace II embossing folder.
- The card base was cut using the Birthday Bash cartridge.
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://qkrstampede.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://lovetocreatechallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://challenges4everybody.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://crafting-with-dragonflies.blogspot.ca/ -- Shaped Cards
- http://totallypapercrafts.blogspot.ca/ -- Shaped Cards
- http://hobbycutzchallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Shaped Cards (sorry something is up with Blogger and it isn't allowing me to become a follower at any other blogs right now :( )
- http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.ca/ -- Use the colour green--must use Cricut (card is cut using the Birthday Bash cartridge. The card base is a light mint green colour.)
- http://die-cut-divas.blogspot.ca/2014/03/lets-emboss-it-march-challenge-is-under.html-- Emboss It plus must use a Die Cut (card is a diecut shape using the Cricut machine and is embossed using the Big Shot)
_______________________________________________________________Finally that brings me to a couple of freebies. The first was offered up at the challenge start and the second was just offered up today for the midway...
- Scriptina Pro font created by CheapProFonts
Credit Notes For These Creations:
These word art creations are in png format and published at 300 ppi. They are quite large in order to accommodate different programs that people work with. If you are a card maker you can always resize it smaller without distorting the quality.
I invite you to go and check out, not only, the wonderful creations some members of my Design Team had the opportunity to create over on the Path of Positivity (click HERE for the midway) but also some of the great entries into this month's challenge (click HERE for the challenge). I also invite you to come over and enter a project yourself, if you haven't already.
Well, I believe that finally covers it all. Have a great week everyone!