It is time for the next challenge over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog.
This month for Challenge #15, the theme is Toad-ally Unfrogettable! Here at Scribbles Designs, we love frogs. There is one in particular who is dear to our hearts. His name is Carl, and he is a bit of a suave character. So, this month we pay homage to Carl and all the other amphibians out there. It is time to dust off those lily pads and make a creation with a toad or frog as part of the design. Hop to it! We know you'll come up with something completely unfrogettable!
In order to participate in our challenges you DO NOT NEED TO USE A SCRIBBLES DESIGNS IMAGE on your project but you must follow the monthly theme and the other rules that have been established for our particular challenge blog. You can find them, along with the prize information, listed in the right hand sidebar of the challenge blog. This challenge will end at 9pm PST on April 14th.
You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE and there is a free image over on the challenge blog as well to help get you started. Also, be sure to check out Sam's special Freebie Friday posts as it is another great way to build your Scribbles Designs collection.
To help inspire you, I've created a card using one of my favourite Carl images, Carl I (heart) you. Click on the watermark below to take you its location in the store.
Here are the card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- As many of you know, I do heart me some Carl. There is just something so special about this frog. Unfortunately I don't think I have done him justice on this particular card. My mojo is on serious vacation at the moment and it is taking me forever to come up with ideas that in the long run I just don't seem to be happy with. I hate when mojo decides it needs a break because my schedule can't afford for it to disappear for a few weeks. My guess is, that it is out there laughing it up with other mojos on vacation. If you happen to see mine while you are out and about, tell it that it needs to come home. NOW!
Digital Image Details:
- Carl I (heart) you: Information for where to buy this image is included above.
- Carl was coloured in using Copic markers: YG03, YG05, YG09. The ground was put in with a reddish brown chalk and the image itself was grounded in yellow chalk.
- Heart gem stones, and both ribbons are Crafts brand items, purchased at Dollarama.
- The flourish is Recollections brand, purchased at Michael's.
- I added glitter to the I and U to make it pop more. Letters were also
purchased at Michael's.
- I used a Fiskars punch to achieve the scalloped edging of the mat.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- One I created but haven't released yet.
- Card base and matting for image and sentiment: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, red.
- The red and white striped paper is from Recollection's Bold & Basic Paper Pad.
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://qkrstampede.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://lovetocreatechallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://sparklensprinklecreativechallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes with Glitter, Embossing Powder and/or Flocking (Glitter is on both the flourish and my two letters)
- http://challenges4everybody.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://fattastictuesday.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes as long as it is Square
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. You have an entire month to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Until next time,