Now it is time to continue on with my some of my DT duties as it is time for Challenge #87 over at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge. The theme for the next two weeks is Green for St. Patrick's Day. If you don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day, simply make sure that you use the colour green somewhere in your project. With Easter in a little over a month and spring about to bloom in some areas of the world, there are definitely occasions where the colour green is warranted. Or you can make a card for a different kind of occasion--birthday, get well, etc. Unfortunately, I've had to make another sympathy card. As some of you know, my sister in law (husband's eldest brother's wife) died last week. I hope that this card will bring a small measure of comfort to the recipient.
Don't forget that along with all the typical rules that apply to the majority of challenges out there (please click HERE to become familiar with all the rules), you MUST USE A DIGITAL OR STAMPED IMAGE to qualify for the drawing (unless stated otherwise). We would absolutely love to see you use a Pattie's Creations (PC) image on your card, but you are allowed to use other images. If you do use a PC image, you will gain an extra entry in the draw and will have a better chance to WIN! You can enter twice per challenge and of course MUST follow all the challenge requirements that are posted for each challenge. Easy Peasy right! Since this fortnight's challenge theme is a particularly easy one, I hope that you will consider joining in.
Here is the card I created to help provide you with a little inspiration...
- Blackeyed Susans: For this challenge I got to work with another of Pattie's beautiful floral images. She has such gorgeous flowers along with other great images that I am eager to work with. You can find this image in Pattie's Etsy shop by clicking on the image name or watermark linked below.
- I coloured the image in with Copic markers and grounded it with chalk. Colours used--Petals: Y32, Y35, Y38. Stamen: E21, E23, E25. Stems/leaves: YG61, YG63, YG67.
- One I created.
- Half pearls were purchased at Dollarama.
- One I created.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's cardstock, cream.
- Designer Paper: K & C Company Designer Paper--Best of...florals collection.
- Dark brown paper used as matting on front and inside is--Michael's open stock scrapbook
- Avenue 613 -- Anything Goes with optional twist
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://sweetstampsblog.blogspot.ca/ (1E)-- Spring Flowers
- http://eurekastamps.blogspot.ca/ (3E)-- Anything Goes
- some more challenges may be added to this list
I really hope that you will join us sometime during the next two weeks. As always, I hope that you will also check out what my fabulous teammates have offered up for inspiration. Oh and Psst...Pattie is offering up a new freebie today. Freebies go up the first Friday of the month but you better hurry because it will only be available for three days. You won't want to miss it!
Until next time,