Right now, it is time to present my midway project for the latest Scribbles Designs Challenge. There are two whole weeks left for you to come on over and enter. In case you've missed it, the theme this month for Challenge #17, is Let Them Eat Cake! This month we have a double challenge for you. Not only do we want you to use food or food related items (i.e. cups, teapots, etc.), BUT we also want you to follow this wonderful palette from Design Seeds when creating your project. So, stir up your appetite and serve us up some tasty treats.
To help inspire you, I've created a card using one of Sandy's great food images called, Sundae. Click on the name or watermark below to take you to its location in the store. Sandy has such an incredible collection of tasty treats. My mouth is watering just thinking of all of them.
Recently, a very good friend of mine in blogland celebrated a very special milestone birthday. This person has not only been a friend to me but she has been a great help to me on several occasions as well. Thus, I wanted to honour the occasion with a very special card.
Now why is this card extra special? Well, it is for a couple of reasons. First off, it is the very first centre step card that I have EVER created. Many moons ago, this particular friend shared with me a template along with specific instructions that she uses in her classes, so that I would have easy to follow steps for creating these uniquely shaped cards. I kept telling her I would get to it one of these days. Well, it is only fitting it be for her own birthday card. Secondly, I have never created folded medallions for a card. The instructions for how to create these also came from this same person. Once again, it was the perfect card to use them on.
So, in honour of this person's 50th birthday, and in honour of her generosity for sharing her techniques with me...
this one is for you!!!!
Here are my card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
Digital Image Details:
- Sundae: Information for how to obtain this image is included above.
- This image was coloured in and grounded using Copic Markers.
- One I created specifically for this card.
- I also created the little '50' with a drop shadow for the centre of one of the flower medallions.
- The little present on the left hand side is a Crafts brand 3D sticker purchased at Dollarama.
- This is just one of the fabulous folded paper creations that Desíre has created. You can find visual instructions for how to create these particular ones by clicking HERE.
- To find more great tutorials for other types of folded paper creations on Desíre's blog, click HERE.
SIDE VIEW TO SHOW DEPTH
Step Card Template:
- Desíre has also graciously shared the template to create this version of a centre step card. You can find it by clicking HERE.
- Card, image and sentiment base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- The plaid paper along the bottom and in the folded flowers along with the dotted paper used in the flowers is from Recollection's All Girl paper pad.
- The paper used on the side panels is from Recollection's Signature Special, My Favourite Things paper pad.
- Dark purple and pink cardstock used for matting are Michael's open stock scrapbook
- I used special craft scissors to achieve the effect around the edges of the pink cardstock.
- Desíre is one of the most gifted card makers I've met. For incredible inspiration, or to wish her a happy belated birthday (as hers was at the beginning of May), please visit her blog by clicking HERE.
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://qkrstampede.blogspot.co.uk/ -- check friday
- http://challenges4everybody.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://seizethebirthday.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes Birthday
- http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.ca -- Anything Goes
- http://wedodoobadoo.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Different Shapes (there are shapes in the folded flowers and also the card shape isn't typical)
- http://digistamps4joy-sa.blogspot.ca/2014/05/challenge-93-girly-feminine.html -- Girly/Feminine
- http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Birthday
- http://jwscrapshack.blogspot.ca/ -- Birthday
- http://www.craftindesertdivas.com/2014/05/craft-it-up-link-it-up-linky-party-32.html -- Fun Folds
- http://leftofcenterchallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Girly (I'm hoping that the folded flowers and colours make it girly enough for your challenge theme)
Back to our regularly scheduled program...
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our Let Them Eat Cake theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store (you can click the image above to head there now). With so many possible projects to create, the ideas are boundless. Remember there is still two weeks left to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time, I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Until next time,